Navi 5.0 IntelliLink touchscreen navigation and infotainment system

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
ScubadaveUK

Post by ScubadaveUK »

Is it just me or does anyone else find the screen very hard to read the dimmed text. It is very difficult to read what's selected, I can't even tell the temperature as that is dimmed text too. Generally I find the system quite good but because of this problem I have to pull over to see what i'm selecting.
Grandland X Topaz Blue Elite Nav 1.2

Themis

Post by Themis »

Me too.
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

I too have this problem. why use light grey text . why not good old White.
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

Agree 100%. Whoever designed that with those text colors and sizing needs to seriously consider if they are in the right job. I did highlight it to Vauxhall directly and through my dealer but not surprisingly they were not interested and even implied nobody else had complained.
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Touch screen is absolutely useless...... it should have been angled towards the driver too...
While car is complete and utter carp !!!!
I’ve never had a brand new car with so many issues!!
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

My Grandland is ok so far apart from the poor performance of the cooled seats and auto gearbox lag. I will be asking the dealer to look at those 2 things when it goes in for the new grill to be fitted. I'll also be telling them about the grey parts of the infotainment unit.

What I am struggling with is to 'bond' with the car. It's difficult to explain in words but it just doesn't have that 'spark' that should be present when driving a new car. I'm beginning to think that maybe, just maybe I should have kept my Insignia for a while longer, oh well, too late to reverse the decision now.
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 Auto-White Jade-Winter Pack 2
Oboogie2

Post by Oboogie2 »

Same problem here with audio screen. Been in discussions with Vauxhall, the latest reply being 'that this is normal functionality for the system'. Go onto Vauxhall home page, go to contacts and send them an email. Surely this is a safety issue while driving.
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

I've Just sent them an email complaining about the grey text as you suggested.
Oboogie2

Post by Oboogie2 »

Thanks for that lizzyfan. Anyone else prepared to let Vauxhall know the problems with the audio screen. Another problem I'm having is when I go to the dealership with a problem or query, and I've had a few, the stock answer is ''it's a new model and nobody knows too much about it''. Does that sound familiar to everybody? If you don't complain that's brilliant for Vauxhall.

How do you add the model you have to the bottom of these posts?
lizzyfan

Post by lizzyfan »

Had a reply to my e-mail from Vauxhall this afternoon re: the greyed out text on the infotainment display. Opened it to expect to read the answer we've all been waiting for but all they wanted was my reg, mobile No. & current mileage so they can 'escalate this to the relevant department'

I don't hold out much hope !

My car is going into the dealers on Friday so lets see what they say.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post