Front fog light bulb swap

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Does anybody know how to get to the front fog light bulb holders so I can swap the bulbs over for my sportz blue bulbs??
I haven’t been under the car yet so don’t know if there is a flap attached to underside of car to allow access.
Thanks in advance
Ian

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Looking for this information as well. Manual is useless and can't find anything online.

Tried to see if you can get to the fog lights from inside the engine compartment and I guess you could but you'd need to remove the headlight unit as far as I can tell.

Had a look underneath the car and can't see a clear access to the fog light. There's lots of screws / rivets but they seem to be holding the undercarriage (engine?) protector thingy in place.
j11sty

Post by j11sty »

Me too :D
2020 1.5D Grandland X
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

The bulb is accessed from the wheel arch, remove the fixings from the front half of the liner and deflect the liner to one side such that the lamp holder can be reached and removed.
First thing is jack up the car and remove the front road wheel on the side being accessed. Remove 2 self tapping screws to the outside of the arch liner, another bolt is located in the top of the liner. 2 trim clips are located on the inner wing. 4 bolts (10mm) underneath the vehicle.
The liner is quite flexible so can be deflected towards the inner wing and the lamp holder can be removed by a 1/4 turn.

The first picture doesn't point to the top screw but this is easy enough to locate.

Good luck.
👍

IMG_20210324_165833.jpg

IMG_20210324_165738.jpg

IMG_20210324_170235.jpg

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Coatgallou wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 5:55 pm The bulb is accessed from the wheel arch, remove the fixings from the front half of the liner and deflect the liner to one side such that the lamp holder can be reached and removed.
First thing is jack up the car and remove the front road wheel on the side being accessed. Remove 2 self tapping screws to the outside of the arch liner, another bolt is located in the top of the liner. 2 trim clips are located on the inner wing. 4 bolts (10mm) underneath the vehicle.
The liner is quite flexible so can be deflected towards the inner wing and the lamp holder can be removed by a 1/4 turn.

The first picture doesn't point to the top screw but this is easy enough to locate.

Good luck.
👍
I suppose there's different ways of doing this. I've done it differently.

Undo 2 bolts underneath the bumper.

Screenshot_20210324-232045_Facebook.jpg

Screenshot_20210219-060514_eBay.jpg

Then gently pull the plastic (part of the bumper) surrounding the fog light off from bottom to top. You'll have access to the fog light.

Screenshot_20210219-060507_eBay.jpg

After taking the plastic surround off, undo 2 screws by the fog light housing and pull it off the bumper. After undoing the screws there's nothing holding it so careful not to drop it. Unplug the bulb replace and then follow the steps in reverse.

When putting the surround plastic bit back on, make sure to start with the top "rear" (by the wheel) first. Also make sure you check all the clips on the back aren't bend.

Very easy to do.

PchVJhX.jpg

jnIMZou.jpg

Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

As Vayerr indicates, it is possible to remove the front corner of the bumper trim and this is possibly the method preferred as the quickest procedure.
I did attempt this method but the corner was so secure I didn't want to use too much force to remove it and possibly damage the paintwork at the adjoining edge. Afterall, I wasn't changing the lamp, but only looking to identify a method to feedback here, possibly helping those who have enquired about the procedure.
The removal of the wheel being the biggest job, after that the procedure is easy.
Anyway, it is good that members have the choice of method now available.
👍😊

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post