Well I’m disappointed

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

Good morning guys and gals.

I would like your opinion on something as I can’t help but feel a little disheartened by something.

My new car is built, incidentally to the 2021 model year. When I ordered the website told me exactly what to expect and the dealership said to his knowledge “the only difference between 2020 & 2021 model year is different alloys”. At that time the 2021 model year brochure hadn’t been added to the vauxhall website.

Now the time has come to collect the car and there seems to be some things missing. Collection is booked. Keep in mind I’m not a petty person but I’m a little peeved and I want to know if I would be the only one.

The differences I can see are:

* driver and passenger electric seats have been replaced with driver electric seat only.

*Alloy inner door sill protectors have been deleted. Nothing in their place.

*Blind spot assist has now been deleted. Now only available on the next spec up or on business nav.

*Flat bottom leather steering wheel replaced with standard one.

*Intelligent cruise appears to have been replaced with the basic system with limiter.

*Ambient lighting appears to have been deleted from the spec sheet. I’m waiting for the dealer to confirm.

If it was yourselves in my shoes, what would be your gut reaction to the specification changes?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Morning.

I would have a conversation with the sales manager and explain your concerns that your not happy about the issues above. You do have the right to refuse the car if you are not happy. I would feel slightly annoyed as well if some of the above specification has been removed. If you don't have any luck with the dealership then email customer services and again you could go further if you feel you need to by sending an email to the CEO.

Some of the issues like the sill protectors the dealership could order in and maybe do included in the sale if you ask. It all really depends on how much you would use the parts described in your post.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi Steve. I must agree with Grandlandx68.
I would be quite angry if this had happened to myself. You obviously ordered your vehicle and was told what features it came with and dealership has not advised you upon making your order that any of the mentioned features have been removed from the vehicle.
I would definately take this issue up with your dealership, and also Vauxhall themselves.
These vehicles are not cheap, and you should expect to receive what you ordered.
I would think that you are within your rights to refuse delivery of the vehicle.

Keep us up to date with how things proceed.

Good luck..........
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

Thank you both for your responses.

For me the issue is that they have taken a fair amount away while the vehicle RRP has increased. I consider myself to be fairly laid back and I could gloss over the cosmetic bits, but the other parts are more irritating. Some of the items are not the end of the world, such as the sill protectors & the steering wheel. But items I do regularly use are the power seats as myself and my wife use the car & the cruise control.

I will say however I’m disgusted with vauxhall removing safety equipment (blind spot assist) and pushing you to pay for the safety pack for items that were there before. That is penny pinching of the highest order.

I’m contacting the dealer principal on Monday and seeing what gets said. I’ll keep you updated.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏼
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
spiro

Post by spiro »

The same happened to me when I bought my Grandland, ordered it in September 2018 and took delivery in January 2019 and when the car arrived the keyless locking, electric tailgate plus a number of cosmetic features had been removed. Like you I ordered from the brochure in the showroom at the time and the dealer said that is the spec I would get.

I kicked up a stink and refused to accept the car unless they could compensate me for the missing items. We ended up agreeing that the dealer would fit me a tow bar, provide a spare wheel and apply paintwork protection free of charge.

Good luck and give them a hard time, at the end of the day you ordered a specific model based on what you were told so you have the right to reject the car.

I think the moral of this is don't order a Vauxhall September or October as that is when they downgrade the specs and fail to notify the dealerships in time.
2019 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 177PS Diesel Automatic with the all road pack
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

The problem is the dealer does not know what they are supplying.
I had a long spec offered to me, but I was surprised (on receipt) that a reverse camera was not included.
I was further surprised that the car had a list price exceeding £40k and I would be punished by the government.
Other items not covered by the long spec sheet: -
Alloy wheel at each corner?
Square steering wheel?
Heated steering wheel?
Reversing camera?
Is the list price over £40k? (VED Hike based on list price of over £40k)
Elite Nav Hybrid4 1.6 (300hp) Direct Injection Turbo/Electric AWD auto 5d year2-6 £465.00
Additional Rate Road Tax
Figure shown includes additional rate of £325 (per year) or £178.75 (per half year) levied on cars registered after April 1 2017 with a list price over £40,000. The additional rate is only applied for the first five years that road tax is renewed; renewals after that incur the standard rate for the car's fuel type.

Satnav? Anything extra to pay? Map updates? £69 on real-time traffic navigation support for one year?
Warranty? Servicing? AA/RAC membership?
Remote control of charging and cabin temperature using IOS/Android smartphone?
Log of journey time/distance/cost using IOS/Android smartphone?
Android Auto
Lane assist?
Adaptive cruise control?
13A, 3-pin 3-kW charger or wall-mounted 7kW charger at £500 extra?
Is it OK that the 32-mile range is really 16-miles at 0 degrees Celsius?
Leather seats?
Heated /cooled seats?
Electric seats with memory?
Vibrate/massage seats?
Air conditioning/Climate control?
220V AC outlet for powering devices?
Blind-spot warning?
Heated front windscreen?
Heated rear screen/mirrors?
Electronic ignition key/remote door unlock?
Electric tailgate?
Spare wheel and jack/brace/ tools?
Please note that model specifications do change, please check with Sales for confirmation on specific vehicles.
So after all the talk, they cannot promise to supply what you ordered!
In their defence, the spec of the vehicle ordered is just a small part of the deal.
They have to value your part-exchange, arrange finance, terminate a lease, and by the time they have placed your order, they are not sure what will turn up.
2020 Hybrid 4
Del1407

Post by Del1407 »

Steve-B wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:20 am Good morning guys and gals.

I would like your opinion on something as I can’t help but feel a little disheartened by something.

My new car is built, incidentally to the 2021 model year. When I ordered the website told me exactly what to expect and the dealership said to his knowledge “the only difference between 2020 & 2021 model year is different alloys”. At that time the 2021 model year brochure hadn’t been added to the vauxhall website.

Now the time has come to collect the car and there seems to be some things missing. Collection is booked. Keep in mind I’m not a petty person but I’m a little peeved and I want to know if I would be the only one.

The differences I can see are:

* driver and passenger electric seats have been replaced with driver electric seat only.

*Alloy inner door sill protectors have been deleted. Nothing in their place.

*Blind spot assist has now been deleted. Now only available on the next spec up or on business nav.

*Flat bottom leather steering wheel replaced with standard one.

*Intelligent cruise appears to have been replaced with the basic system with limiter.

*Ambient lighting appears to have been deleted from the spec sheet. I’m waiting for the dealer to confirm.

If it was yourselves in my shoes, what would be your gut reaction to the specification changes?
Hi Steve,

Sorry to hear about the issues with your order - really frustrating. We are in a similar position in so far as the vehicle has changed from 2020 (Elite Nav Premium) to 2021 (Ultimate). Fortunately, we have had a number of the options now standard equipment and upgraded wheels etc.

Have they confirmed pricing change? I know on very good authority that the dealer must honour the price at the time of order depending on what ‘event’ your vehicle was at when the vehicle / pricing changes came into effect - I believe this was from 17th November last year. Basically all pipeline sold vehicles are price protected.

It sounds like your vehicle was ordered prior to the effective date of price / model changes and Vauxhall sent an internal memo confirming the price protection for pipeline orders ie ones already in the system.

Just worth clarifying with your dealer.

Good luck

Del
Redrider251

Post by Redrider251 »

Sounds like the car industry or vauxhall or the dealer are taking you for a ride.
The small print on the contract of sale should hold some clues. If you ordered a leather coat from a shop and when it arrived they say the manufacturer decided to switch to pvc you are not going to accept it. If you order a specific model with specific equipment you should expect to receive the goods ordered or a price adjustment if missing. I would refuse to take the car as not as ordered and contact trading standards. Also helps to have paid deposit by credit card so you can involve credit card company. Ideally hold on to your car you were due to part exchange. Warning avoid doing the paperwork before looking at the car. Ask to check the car before signing anything. Especially the bit that says I am happy with the car.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

If you receive a car without the bits it was meant to have, you are essentially being given wrong product (vehicle). Like Redrider mentioned - imagine it's a coat or even takeaway. You order pizza but get kebab... It's not what you ordered, sure it's still tasty and will fill you up but you paid for something else.

I would simply refuse it unless they are willing to come down on the price very heavily and give you some sort of compensation like free servicing for x years or something. And even then you need to be happy with missing the things you were meant to have on the car.

Check the car very carefully and don't make any decisions there and then. Tell them you need a few days. Don't want to be kicking yourself later on for making a rash decision.

Personally this is another reason why I think buying a brand new car is risky and pointless. Paying full price for a car you need to wait months for and in the end it's not even what you ordered. At least when buying used you know what you get cause you can check it.

Remember, customer is always right! Really hope you manage to sort it to your satisfaction.