First MOT./Extended Warranty

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Well my GLX is coming up for the first MOT at the end of march. Booked in for next week to get it done. Through the post from Vauxhall comes an extended warranty insurance policy. £380 for a year.

Has anyone else had this and what are folks thoughts on extended warranties. I have never kept my cars for over 3 years but this is the first one I am.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Mark C

My car is coming up to 3 years in October so first Mot as well . I Have been looking at the Extended warranty on the Vauxhall website but when I looked at the T&C I decided I didn't think it was worth it.

To be honest another reason I wont be purchasing it is we have had a Meriva since a year old 2015 plate and when warranty had expired the air con Condenser had a hole in we contacted Vauxhall and they replaced it free as we had done hardly any mileage since purchasing it . We have had a few other issues with it after the warranty expired but Vauxhall still paid for them due to the low mileage and full service History by them.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Is this actually backed by Vauxhall, or is it an insurance based policy uderwritten by some one else?
If its the latter, the t&c will probably exclude anything that is "wear and tear" and with maximum amount covered, probably with an excess to pay.
That being said, it may be worth it to cover large items.
1.2 SE ,8 speed auto, 2019, metallic Ruby red.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all. My Grandlandx is due for its first mot at the end of March, and i too have received a letter from Vauxhall offering me an Extended Warranty.
I input all the relevant information and it quoted me £391.16 per year with no excess. :shock:
I think i shall be giving this a miss !!!
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Looking at it a bit more throughly I am not going to be taking them up on this offer.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

So my car has failed its MOT. How you may ask.

Well I had 4 new tyres fitted in Novenebr by Kwik Fit. No punctures or wheels taken off the car since then. It turns out the rear nearside is fitted the wrong way round/ incorrect wheel nut which has damaged the bolt housing on the hub.

To say I am furious is an understatement. This is the second car oin our household that they have done this too. My daughters astra failed last month as they fitted the tyre around the wrong way last year.

So getting ready to get my car and head around to Kwik Fit.

Mark
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Kwik Fit is the first place I'd avoid going to with any issues. Same with Halfrauds.

Hope you get it sorted and don't get told it's your fault.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Sorry to hear it failed the MOT. Hopefully Kwik Fit will rectify the issues for you. I would maybe get in touch with Kwik Fit Customer services if you have no luck with the Branch, Please keep us updated.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Went back to Kwikfit. Their fitter accepts the wrong rotation of the tyre, but after watching the Arnold Clark video he alluded that because I wasnt there, how do I know it happened !!

He then goes they are Peugot/Citreon wheel nuts and the one they put in eas a Vauxhall. Yes they are PSAcars and will have French parts bearing in mind all the wheel nuts are the same. He says he cannot see damage so he is totally denying they did it. The reason there is no damage as the threads are the same but it is shorter, hence the failure.

He eventually refused to change the tyre around until his area manager sees it tommorow morning. Arnold Clarks have been top notch over this.

Totally unbelieveable. It is clear the fitter has made an error over the nut and tyre. I was easy ossy if there was no damage, and they replaced the nut and rotated the tyre.

But the eventual attitude was disgusting, so tough they deserve my wrath in the morning.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post