Trouble shifting gears

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi Grandlanders, have an issue when cold starting and putting into gear my Jan 69 auto 1.2. I’ll assume the normal procedure is after starting, foot on brake, shift to reverse and switch off electric brake. It may because its cold or has been standing for a few days but I cannot get it into gear as it is blocked unless I just blip the throttle and try again. Is there a time lag once started or for the electric brake to come off. It’s fine once I get going and have double checked the auto gear change whilst out and about. I am aware that even if I do not switch off the electric brake and blip the throttle the brake comes off automatically. I don’t think it is a big issue and probably me being use to a slicker gear gate. Any ideas or comments would be appreciated. Incidentally, having be holed up for so long and only occasional getting out and about it’s still a pleasure to drive the GLX. Wishing you all safe driving.

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I sometimes have the same, shift lever will not move from P until I lift & depress (foot) brake again. Not sure if its the timing of the initial application of foot brake or an issue with some brake switch (connected to brake lights). I've just got used to this feature over the 2 years of ownership & automatically lift foot brake if it happens - usually on cold starts as you say.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Cargo42

Post by Cargo42 »

Hi Vainona70, thanks for your response and comments. As you say and I agree it’s probably because the engine was cold and maybe due to not being used on a frequent basis. Anyway, it appears okay at the moment but will get it checked out at the next service as a precaution. Thanks again for your comments. Drive safe and enjoy.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post