Repairs EU parts

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

The police turned up to check on me after my car had triggered 3 calls to the emergency call centre. The car had not been used for several days so obviously it was a fault. I took it to the local dealer and they diagnosed a corroded SOS switch in the overhead panel. How this has happened when the car is only 6 months old and the switch is internal to the vehicle is a mystery.
The dealer has had to order the switch from Germany. 3 weeks on and they haven’t got it yet.
I also reported several other issues to the dealer that have appeared here in other threads.
I have had the indicator chime problem on left turns.
The car now will only start in hybrid mode and always starts the ICE. It then runs for around 1 minute using the rear wheel electric motor then switches to ICE driving the front wheels using the gears. It doesn’t use the start stop at all.
The Dealer says all this will be fixed when the switch is fitted and they also do some software upgrades at the same time.
I LIVE IN HOPE!!!!

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Your car is about to be done for Misuse of 999 😄

Sounds quite bad that. I guess I'm glad that my OnStar isn't active in UK. Hopefully they'll sort it out for you without breaking something else.
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

I think it goes to a call centre not 999. It was them who asked the police to check.
The car went to the dealer straight afterwards and they disconnected the switch to avoid anymore false alarms.
All the issues with the car seem to be related to electrical problems and I believe when running in electric mode it switches on a light visible from outside in the same overhead panel.
Could this be why it is now refusing to use the battery to drive the car?
MikeBLW

Post by MikeBLW »

So I think the penny has dropped.
I couldn’t understand why a little red sos switch inside the car would be corroded, not be easily available and cause so many issues.
The PART is still on back order from Germany with no indication of a delivery date so the car still doesn’t run in electric mode and does about 25 mpg on the ICE.
The dealer is trying to expedite things.
On reflection I now think it is the unit in the engine compartment that the switch is connected to which is on order. From looking at the Vauxhall connect info this is a complex piece of kit with its hooks into all sorts of electrical, navigation, security and WiFi services.
A failure in there with possible power surges could explain a lot of the issues on the car.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post