OnStar Services and Wi-Fi ending 31st December 2020

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Bry607

Post by Bry607 »

Just tried that aswell and still no luck.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Have you enabled on your mobile phone to share your internet connection with the car?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Bry607

Post by Bry607 »

Yeah everything possible enabled. Strange one
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Weird maybe try removing your Bluetooth connection on your phone and setting up a new connection. If not only other thing you could try is resetting the Nav screen system but that will be a pain as it will lose all settings you have now.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Having just tested it, you do not need Bluetooth tethering enabled for the app to connect to the car, the moment you start the car, I can see the app open on my phone change to connected to car ( shown in a blue bar below the 4 tabs ).

I disabled my tethering and it still connects up and tracts my journeys. this is on an android phone, so I am not sure if the iPhone is blocking data to the app over Bluetooth, might be some setting on the phone to allow access
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Ordered my road safety alert today. So they say my 2018 is comparable lets see.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I haven't ordered the road safety alerts yet. I am waiting for a while to see how much data they use etc.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

I only do approximately 10 miles a day, which at the moment is on 20 minutes driving, during march which was same distance but longer time driving, I used under 11mb.

I think I read somewhere they say you need a least 100mb to be available to be safe.
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok Thanks. I will probably purchase once this is all over.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Unfortunately I am banging my head against a brick wall. I contacted Vauxhall and this is there response. I am totally confused by the response. Does anyone know what the mean?

"Thank you for your patience awaiting a response from us in Vauxhall Customer Care.

We have received an update from our development team, who have stated that this issue comes from the lack of logs regarding your account. This should be rectifiable by running your vehicle whilst connected to your device to allow the internet connection to sync this data. Once the engine is running, please reset profiles and select speed-cam, this should get this to work for your vehicle."

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post