Are Vauxhall taking us for a ride?

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
xdatauk

Post by xdatauk »

Hi Everyone.

My name is Dave and this my first post here, so thanks to Admin for setting up this very useful Forum.

I have spent the last 3+ days trying to update the firmware on a Grandland X Sport NAV 2018. using the new Vauxhall app to do so.

Thanks to all your posts with advice on here how not to get the dreaded "Version not compatible with hardware", I have successfully updated to the very latest version, and my Temperature Light now illuminates white instead of grey.

In desperation I rang Vauxhall yesterday only to be told it was not possible for the Firmware be updated, and they knew nothing about doing such a thing.

When it went in for its first service and we mentioned about lots of greyed out info on the screen, like everyone else I've read about complaining of this fault, we were told it was normal, to which I replied was the car meant to be driven at night?,, or when there is little or no sunlight so it's readable?

If I ask through voice control to navigate or ring someone, I cannot read the grey options to give the system a line number it asks for, again I'm told this is "normal".

How normal can it be when you have to either stop to make a safe phone call or set the Nav destination up.

I'm not clued up if the later models after 2018/19 don't have this issue anymore, but for these earlier models it's a nightmare when you can't see warnings or info that pop up.

So are Vauxhall taking me and others for a ride to thinking we must accept a information screen not fit for purpose?

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi xdatauk and Welcome to the Forum

I am glad you have found the information to fix your issues from the Forum.
You will find quite a few dealerships do not not know as much about the newer PSA cars and know more about the old Vauxhall Gm cars so they don't know these fixes are available.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
xdatauk

Post by xdatauk »

Hi GRANDLANDX68.

Yes I would imagine it's very hard these days to keep up with the speed of technology for the workshops to know everything.

Maybe if the top tech boys kept them more informed of new developments as they roll them out would help.to keep there customers happy knowing the fix.

Can anyone tell me if their newer Grandland models suffer with lots of greyed out writing on the screen, and not just the temp gauge like on mine was?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

πŸ‘πŸ». I had the screen issue and when I spoke to the dealership when I first got the car they had no idea.
It was only because I knew that the Grandland was a rebadged Peugeot 3008 I was able to find out about the software that fixed the screen.
I believe that 19 plate and 20 plate cars had the issue as well as the firmware update was only released recently.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
xdatauk

Post by xdatauk »

I rang Vauxhall to cancel my appointment and tell them I had now fixed the grey Temp Gauge back to white. (with a smug grin lol)

They actually asked me how I did it saying no one had ever complained about it before, so never had the need to try and fix it

My biggest gripe now is I was hoping this latest update would also fix the unreadable grey options in the list of line numbers it asks you to select from when making a call or destination while driving.

The service assistant I spoke to agreed it wasn't good and said maybe Vauxhall will find a fix one day?

Roll on "one day" lol..

Anyway thanks for taking the time to welcome me and also replying GRANDLANDX68. :-)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸ»

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post