Vauxhall security pass

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Has anybody who bought a grandland x have the car security pass in there service pack??
I only ask as when I bought my 68reg 1.5 sport nav last November it didn’t come with its security pass which I thought I should’ve been there.
I know most cars these days need a security pass to access settings in the MDI diagnostic. I had a pass for the last car I had which was a Vectra c which I used with my tech2.
I rang the dealership Drive Hartlepool who I bought it off and the salesman said he had never heard of such a card, and that he would find out what I was on about. He emailed back with just the key number and said my car didn’t need a pass.
Any advise would be good.
Ian

Valer

Post by Valer »

They stopped issuing security passes from late 2016

TIS News :
• Service Programming System (SPS) and Security Code
• In the course of an SPS programming event, the user may be requested to enter the vehicle's "Security Code".
• This code is part of the CAR PASS.
• For all models as of model year 2016, this Security Code will be automatically retrieved from a central server and applied when required.
• It is no longer required to enter it manually.
• No security code is required for Module replace/Programming – Authorisation is handled by Global Connect login security
• This procedure ensures that only dealerships with authorized access to TIS2Web are allowed to perform appropriate programming.
• At the same time, programming will get more efficient since there is no more need to look after the Security Code.
• KARL will be the first model where above procedure will be applied.
• Other models will follow step by step.
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

Thanks for the information. I’ll have a go and see if I can get into the settings like I could with my tech2.
Ian

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post