Automatic Tilting Mirrors

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Cyberbob » Sun May 30, 2021 12:23 pm

Glasgowvaux wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am
GLX68, yeah I was told that it was the 2021B spec list.

The car I test drove was a 2021 Griffin Auto. It didn’t have the tilting mirror but I asked about this when I returned the car. The dealer pointed out the spec on the brochure and was told possibly either switched off in the settings or just needs “mapped”. The test drive car did have a foot operated boot lid though 🤔.

Lets see how I get on.
That has always been my issue with dealers, I have only ever had the odd salesperson who knew all the spec or was honest enough to say I don't know, rather than just making it up as they go along, what is mapped? That normally relates to engine tuning, it is either there or it is not due to hardware/firmware :roll: It has always been forums like these that you tend to find the answers through collective knowledge.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:49 pm

Glasgowvaux wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am
GLX68, yeah I was told that it was the 2021B spec list.

The car I test drove was a 2021 Griffin Auto. It didn’t have the tilting mirror but I asked about this when I returned the car. The dealer pointed out the spec on the brochure and was told possibly either switched off in the settings or just needs “mapped”. The test drive car did have a foot operated boot lid though 🤔.

Lets see how I get on.
It looks that Vauxhall UK hasn't let dealerships know of this change and the brochures are not up to date.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sun May 30, 2021 12:51 pm

Cyberbob wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 12:23 pm
Glasgowvaux wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 11:32 am
GLX68, yeah I was told that it was the 2021B spec list.

The car I test drove was a 2021 Griffin Auto. It didn’t have the tilting mirror but I asked about this when I returned the car. The dealer pointed out the spec on the brochure and was told possibly either switched off in the settings or just needs “mapped”. The test drive car did have a foot operated boot lid though 🤔.

Lets see how I get on.
That has always been my issue with dealers, I have only ever had the odd salesperson who knew all the spec or was honest enough to say I don't know, rather than just making it up as they go along, what is mapped? That normally relates to engine tuning, it is either there or it is not due to hardware/firmware :roll: It has always been forums like these that you tend to find the answers through collective knowledge.

Very True Cyberbob its forums where you find out more than the dealerships these days. The problem is most Vauxhall dealerships know more about the old GM cars but not the new PSA ones like the Grandland.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Glasgowvaux
Posts: 8
Joined: Wed May 26, 2021 10:57 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Glasgowvaux » Sun May 30, 2021 8:00 pm

Thanks Cyberbob. I will find out more when I get a date to take the car in.

Bizarre but I also noticed today that speed signs are not showing up in my dash. Don’t know if this is something to do with ‘eco mode’ or if it should display regardless. It is switched on in settings (but then again so is the foot operated boot!)

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:19 am

Glasgowvaux wrote:
Sun May 30, 2021 8:00 pm
Thanks Cyberbob. I will find out more when I get a date to take the car in.

Bizarre but I also noticed today that speed signs are not showing up in my dash. Don’t know if this is something to do with ‘eco mode’ or if it should display regardless. It is switched on in settings (but then again so is the foot operated boot!)
No worries, speeds signs show up on our dash as do all the speed camera signs and the NAVI 5.0 is a step up from the NAVI 4.0 in our SE, overall sound quality is better too.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

muppetloaf
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2021 8:59 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by muppetloaf » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 pm

I picked up my Elite Nav today 2021 after upgrading from Tech Nav - lost keyless and auto boot by doing so but also have lost adaptive mirrors in reverse so does look like its not a standard fit - my dealer said it comes with the blind side pack so I would be interested if you get an answer from Vauxhall and if it can be retrofitted

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Jun 15, 2021 6:51 am

muppetloaf wrote:
Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:03 pm
I picked up my Elite Nav today 2021 after upgrading from Tech Nav - lost keyless and auto boot by doing so but also have lost adaptive mirrors in reverse so does look like its not a standard fit - my dealer said it comes with the blind side pack so I would be interested if you get an answer from Vauxhall and if it can be retrofitted
I thought the blind side pack was only on Hybrid Elite Nav and part of Park and Go Pack 3? I definitely have not got it on my 2021B Elite NAV.

I am still awaiting a reply back from Vauxhall on the lack of auto dipping mirrors, last update was two weeks ago when they said there were speaking to my dealer...
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Cyberbob » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:01 pm

Quick update, dealer phone this morning as after two weeks sitting with Vauxhall lack of customer care were informed of an issue I had with the headlights????

Vauxhall decided after sending pictures and a full description to pass it on I had a headlight issue :?

Anyhow, explained to the dealer he has checked the spec for 2021B and that auto-tilting mirrors should be there and accessed via the media system as an option which I have missing. Will talk to the sales manager on Monday on what to do next...

I had this small thought that Vauxhall UK may talk to someone in their technical dept who might know why at the factory this feature had not been enabled, maybe I set my heights too high and should have gone and spoken to Peugeot or a Tarot card reader :|
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm

It sounds like it might be worth Emailing the Vauxhall CEO office if you don't get much luck on Monday.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Automatic Tilting Mirrors

Post by Cyberbob » Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:28 pm

GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:09 pm
It sounds like it might be worth Emailing the Vauxhall CEO office if you don't get much luck on Monday.
Thanks, I will see what the dealer comes back, for once it is not their fault. I said that to them, just be nice to know why I don't have dipping mirrors and if they can be retro-fitted before a compensation route.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

Post Reply