Automatic Tilting Mirrors

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Glasgowvaux

Post by Glasgowvaux »

Not sure if the other symptoms would include:
1. Speed sign recognition not working
2. Foot operated boot opening not working
3. Boot opening button on (both) electronic keys do nothing at all.
4 mirror not dipping

Hopefully the Service manager who contacted me is correct as I did notify them of all of these items

I must admit to being doubtful - although I did test drive the same car but an automatic and all of the other items were there -not sure about the mirrors.

Still some mileage to go with this I think

Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Glasgowvaux wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 10:47 am Not sure if the other symptoms would include:
1. Speed sign recognition not working
2. Foot operated boot opening not working
3. Boot opening button on (both) electronic keys do nothing at all.
4 mirror not dipping

Hopefully the Service manager who contacted me is correct as I did notify them of all of these items

I must admit to being doubtful - although I did test drive the same car but an automatic and all of the other items were there -not sure about the mirrors.

Still some mileage to go with this I think
Our speed sign recognition is working the only other thing not working is the tone when you drift over the central white lines. It worked fine on our previous SE, we just get an amber warning flash up on the dash but no beep tone.

You seem to have many more effected systems than us, however no electric boot on ours. The service manager said they would connect it up and check what options it has and what it can enable. Fingers crossed, we both get an answer, your situation is particularly unhelpful an electric boot with the current usefulness of a chocolate teapot...
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
Glasgowvaux

Post by Glasgowvaux »

Cyberbob, I never knew that lane warning was meant to ‘sound’…I get a flashing light only.

Also was reading the comment on one of the other boards about the internal lights not coming on - my lights don’t come on when you open the doors.

To be honest, very naively on my side, I just put it all down to the’Eco Mode’.

Will ask the dealer when I drop the car off.
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Only the SE models have lane departure warning, the models above have lane keep assist and never have made a sound under normal conditions, they steer for you to keep you in the lines and only make a sound and a warning shows in the centre display if you let it bounce between the lines, on a single carriageway Road if you keep going near the centre line you will feel the car steering you away from it, unless you indicate to cross the line then it will not steer to keep you the to the left of the lines, all you get most of the time is the flashing symbol but no sound.
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Atariman wrote: Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:39 pm Only the SE models have lane departure warning, the models above have lane keep assist and never have made a sound under normal conditions, they steer for you to keep you in the lines and only make a sound and a warning shows in the centre display if you let it bounce between the lines, on a single carriageway Road if you keep going near the centre line you will feel the car steering you away from it, unless you indicate to cross the line then it will not steer to keep you the to the left of the lines, all you get most of the time is the flashing symbol but no sound.
Thanks yes, the steering assistance works, I just assumed the same lane departure would be would be present on all models as a warning light and sound. Now you have explained it makes sense instead of a sound just have the steering wheel nudge. It is as clear as mud in the manual (well to my two brain cells anyhow). Thanks again.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

After a further conversation with Vauxhall CS, my car was built without dipping mirrors there was a spec change in January they believe, but now investigating and escalated to executive to see if it can be retrofitted. Brochure has just been updated I see from 7 July... Will the new Grandland have them, price and basic specs released today but no brochure or full specs to compare??
Glasgowvaux

Post by Glasgowvaux »

I had my car in the dealer yesterday. Everything sorted apart from the tilting mirror.

Vauxhall CS have said they need to review this further and get back to me. Lets see if they give the same comments.
Mudmuppet

Post by Mudmuppet »

Hi all , I’m in the same position as you. No tilting mirrors on my Elite model. It’s in the brochure for my model and the previous model so should be fitted. Or it’s a “ Miss Build”. Got it booked in for diagnostics end of month........cyberbob, you mentioned there was a change spec in January. Have you got a copy of the build spec showing this, would be interested to see.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Mudmuppet wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 7:53 am Hi all , I’m in the same position as you. No tilting mirrors on my Elite model. It’s in the brochure for my model and the previous model so should be fitted. Or it’s a “ Miss Build”. Got it booked in for diagnostics end of month........cyberbob, you mentioned there was a change spec in January. Have you got a copy of the build spec showing this, would be interested to see.
After Vauxhall checked my spec I was told my car was not built with tiling mirrors and the there was a spec change in September and then January by Vauxhall CS. That as far as I got with them last week, still awaiting a further update and if it can be retro-fitted but from the number without it the option was removed maybe shortage of parts or other technical reason??

Mine did come with tinted rear windows though, which is not standard spec and is the option I would much rather have. Mine was booked in on Tuesday, but going to cancel until Vauxhall come back to me, all the dealer will tell me what I already know and just waiting to hear if it can be retro-fitted or not.
Mudmuppet

Post by Mudmuppet »

My car is supposedly as per spec 2021B effective 7th July 2021 which should have tilting mirrors, previous to this I thought was spec 2021 effective 17 Nov 2020, this also should have tilting mirrors.

Does someone have another spec issued out in between these dates ? I can’t find any in searches.

I’m like you cyberbob and thinking on cancelling my appointment until further clarified so they don’t try and charge me for the check. I will be calling Vauxhall direct tomorrow to ask some questions... probably won’t get the answer I want.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post