Automatic Tilting Mirrors

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Frist post, we picked up a 2021B Grandland X Elite Nav, upgrading from a SE we have had for nearly three years. The now standard fit 19" bi-colour wheels from the Hybrid version look much better IMO than the previous silver iteration and is a real step up from an SE comfort and equipment wise.

We looked at Evoque, X2, XC40 and Q2. Ended up back in a Grandland X partly due to an excellent deal (7K off) to get into a stock vehicle which had rear tinted windows fitted during May (stocks are very limited as well), they tried to sell us a Griffin but we wanted an Elite. None of the other cars we looked were as well equipped for similar price and all around £30-£40 a month more. Which I could not justify for a lower spec car and a badge that often attract Wayne Kur's :D Also they all had long lead times for factory orders and limited stock and wanted to avoid third service and MOT costs but not a major issue for the right car/deal.

Anyway, onto my question if anyone knows if you can still enable the auto-tilting mirrors? I have upgraded the firmware and maps but both before and after there is no option within Vehicle settings, Safety for Mirror adaptation in reverse. Just wondering if anyone knows if this option has been removed on later models? Still stated as a standard fit in the brochure but not an option on our vehicle all the other options Recommend Speed, Auto safety brake, drivers attention and rear wiper in reverse are all still there.

IMG_0413.jpg

2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Cyberbob and Welcome to the Forum

The car looks great.

I have looked in the handbooks for your version and I cant find the options.

I have checked in the latest brochure and copied the extract below so it might be worth contacting your local dealership.

Driver Assistance
Standard Features – The following features are standard across the entire Grandland X range.
Specific features by model are outlined in the separate tabular information.
Automatically tilting door mirrors
Door mirrors automatically tilt downwards when reverse gear is selected to improve visibility of the back of the car
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Many thanks GRANDLANDX68 yep, I checked the car manual and latest brochure and came to the same conclusion as you. Interesting to see if anyone else with a 2021B has lost it from their menu. I will update if I get an answer from the dealer or escalate via Vauxhall technical.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

This will be a bit obvious but are you sure you've got electric mirrors? Do they fold when you lock the car? I know the basic trim level on Grandlands doesn't have that feature cause for example at work when I park next to colleagues Grandland, her mirrors are always open.

Maybe factory messed up and haven't fitted that option to yours even if it's supposed to be as standard. Wouldn't be the first time they've made a mistake.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Vayerr wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 3:37 pm This will be a bit obvious but are you sure you've got electric mirrors? Do they fold when you lock the car? I know the basic trim level on Grandlands doesn't have that feature cause for example at work when I park next to colleagues Grandland, her mirrors are always open.

Maybe factory messed up and haven't fitted that option to yours even if it's supposed to be as standard. Wouldn't be the first time they've made a mistake.
Yep, the mirrors fold in when you lock the door or flick the mirror switch down, our previous Grandland SE had manual folding mirrors. Just no option on the NAV system under vehicle settings, hence seeing if anyone else has not go this feature on 2021B MY.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Here is a pic of Vehicle settings display with some free fingerprints thrown in...

IMG_0420.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thanks that would be good it does seem odd as I would expect the basic trim not to have it but the Elite Nav should. As you say will be interesting to see if anyone else with a 21 build has this issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

That's weird! I've installed the latest firmware on my Grandland Sport (mid 2018) and the mirror adaptation in reverse is still there, between Active safety brake and Rear wiper in reverse. Pop along to the dealer and ask them to check it on the diagnostic unit, it probably just needs a box ticking on the programmer.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Midinotes wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 10:25 am That's weird! I've installed the latest firmware on my Grandland Sport (mid 2018) and the mirror adaptation in reverse is still there, between Active safety brake and Rear wiper in reverse. Pop along to the dealer and ask them to check it on the diagnostic unit, it probably just needs a box ticking on the programmer.
Thanks, I have raised a technical request with Vauxhall, the dealer is good but I guarantee they will go to Vauxhall so may as well cut that bit out... It is either a software issue or a faulty module (even not fitted) or simply a spec change. I will keep digging until I get an answer and post an update. Thanks for ll your help :D
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

Here's mine, MY2019.

thumbnail_IMG_20210529_143150.jpg

Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post