Quick Mods

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Post Reply
Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Quick Mods

Post by Cyberbob » Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 pm

I have undertaken two quick mods was going to do on our last Grandland then knowing it might be going decided to leave it.

Replaced the front side indicators with the smoked black scrolling type at £10.99 for the pair worth a punt and they do look good especially in operation. I like stock less the green mould that seems to appear after a couple of years and requires a good clean.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0

I also fitted front mudflaps; living on a new estate mud gets everywhere and these should lesson it and look quite good. Did not like the rear ones, so just went for the front ones £32 including delivery. Took about 10 mins per corner, put front wheels on full lock, then offered up to put in four small pilot holes. I used four black self tapping screws instead of the supplied rivets to fasten them as then can be easily removed or replaced. Overall, it was an easier job than I thought.

IMG_0421.jpg

2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Quick Mods

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm

I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Quick Mods

Post by Cyberbob » Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm

GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm
I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Quick Mods

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Cyberbob wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm
I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
🙄🤣. The only aftermarket part I have added is a reversing camera.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Cyberbob
Posts: 25
Joined: Fri May 28, 2021 1:38 pm

Re: Quick Mods

Post by Cyberbob » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am

GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Cyberbob wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm
I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
🙄🤣. The only aftermarket part I have added is a reversing camera.
Looked at the reverseing camera I see the Vauxhall kit/part at £201 https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... rking-aids but comes with a separate display?? Something I may consider fitting, the standard fit front and rear sensors are good. Some good threads on reversing camera on here as well.
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:53 pm

Re: Quick Mods

Post by GRANDLANDX68 » Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:31 am

Cyberbob wrote:
Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am
GRANDLANDX68 wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Cyberbob wrote:
Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm


I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
🙄🤣. The only aftermarket part I have added is a reversing camera.
Looked at the reverseing camera I see the Vauxhall kit/part at £201 https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... rking-aids but comes with a separate display?? Something I may consider fitting, the standard fit front and rear sensors are good. Some good threads on reversing camera on here as well.
I have an aftermarket camera connected to the Nav screen. I did look at the Vauxhall kit but at over £200 with a separate screen I decided against it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Post Reply