Quick Mods

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

I have undertaken two quick mods was going to do on our last Grandland then knowing it might be going decided to leave it.

Replaced the front side indicators with the smoked black scrolling type at £10.99 for the pair worth a punt and they do look good especially in operation. I like stock less the green mould that seems to appear after a couple of years and requires a good clean.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from ... s&_sacat=0

I also fitted front mudflaps; living on a new estate mud gets everywhere and these should lesson it and look quite good. Did not like the rear ones, so just went for the front ones £32 including delivery. Took about 10 mins per corner, put front wheels on full lock, then offered up to put in four small pilot holes. I used four black self tapping screws instead of the supplied rivets to fasten them as then can be easily removed or replaced. Overall, it was an easier job than I thought.

IMG_0421.jpg

2021B Grandland X Elite NAV

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Cyberbob wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:27 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:22 pm I prefer keeping the car original but it does look good. The green mould seems to be a Vauxhall thing as our Meriva has it as well.
I tend to like to keep things stock, I will see if these grow on me or not... At least you can say Vauxhall are going green... Bad pun, I will get my coat :oops:
🙄🤣. The only aftermarket part I have added is a reversing camera.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm
Looked at the reverseing camera I see the Vauxhall kit/part at £201 https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... rking-aids but comes with a separate display?? Something I may consider fitting, the standard fit front and rear sensors are good. Some good threads on reversing camera on here as well.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Cyberbob wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:27 am
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 5:39 pm

Looked at the reverseing camera I see the Vauxhall kit/part at £201 https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... rking-aids but comes with a separate display?? Something I may consider fitting, the standard fit front and rear sensors are good. Some good threads on reversing camera on here as well.
I have an aftermarket camera connected to the Nav screen. I did look at the Vauxhall kit but at over £200 with a separate screen I decided against it.
Blinky2134

Post by Blinky2134 »

Cyberbob wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 pm I have undertaken two quick mods was going to do on our last Grandland then knowing it might be going decided to leave it.

Replaced the front side indicators with the smoked black scrolling type at £10.99 for the pair worth a punt and they do look good especially in operation. I like stock less the green mould that seems to appear after a couple of years and requires a good clean.

I also fitted front mudflaps; living on a new estate mud gets everywhere and these should lesson it and look quite good. Did not like the rear ones, so just went for the front ones £32 including delivery. Took about 10 mins per corner, put front wheels on full lock, then offered up to put in four small pilot holes. I used four black self tapping screws instead of the supplied rivets to fasten them as then can be easily removed or replaced. Overall, it was an easier job than I thought.
How easy is it to replace the side indicators without causing and paintwork damage?
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Blinky2134 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:04 am
Cyberbob wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:05 pm I have undertaken two quick mods was going to do on our last Grandland then knowing it might be going decided to leave it.

How easy is it to replace the side indicators without causing and paintwork damage?
Very easy they just clip in, you slide it back and either fingers of sliding a credit card underneath will cause it to pop out.