Careless Driver

The place to discuss everything else..
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Had a nice drive on Friday. Was on the way to work for my night shift when some di***ead in an Audi pulled out in front of me on an A-Road... Having a fairly recent accident (October) it's safe to say that I had the worst thoughts in my head / in front of my eyes, and was expecting another airbag in my face (not a pleasant experience) or at least a collision of some sorts.

Thankfully my quick reactions and this lovely Grandland of mine have avoided going into the back of this muppet - "Four zeroes on the grill, another behind the wheel". It's great to see that on a 3 year old Grandland with 20,000 miles, the factory brakes are still going strong. Having new all-season tyres also helps.

This lovely incident has also left me to discover a cool modern feature on the Grandland too - when completing emergency stop, the hazards come on themselves and flash rapidly then start flashing as normal.

Anyway. Bottom line is - Please drive carefully. Don't be distracted. Please never cheap out on tyres, especially on a vehicle that's slightly bigger and heavier - it's better to spend a few £££ more than crashing your car. Car is replaceable but you are not.

Please note: Things in the recording appear further away than they actually are.
Driver has been reported to the police with the footage attached, should they decide to take any action.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Phew, relief for you!

3 years on my brakes are still only at 50% at the service a month or so ago ....i wonder what pads they put on originally?!!
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

edgejedi wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:31 am Phew, relief for you!

3 years on my brakes are still only at 50% at the service a month or so ago ....i wonder what pads they put on originally?!!
No idea mate haha. Usually when it comes to replacing them though, I put on Brembo or Pagid ones. Great quality and often for a decent price. That's what will be going on when it comes to replacing them.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post