Buying new

The place to discuss everything else..
fishwagon

Post by fishwagon »

Hi ive been keenly watching and reading all the posts you guys have put on.There does seem to be a lot of"teething" problems covering various aspects.Unfortunately it is putting me off spending about £23+ for a new car that might have so many problems and less spec than advertised.When i,m spending that much i want to pick up the car and not see the dealer again until its first service.Sorry to sound negative but there are other SUVs out there for a similar price.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I totally understand, forums like this help potential new buyers to be aware of car issues in advance....Ive done the same and joined a few forums myself when i was looking around (OK - I'll admit it - I even joined a Dacia site....I joined the Crossland forums too but that turned in a spam zone with more spam accounts than real people and I dont think it was well managed at all). However, a completely new model is always going to have teething troubles, we're the guinea pigs after all and Ive seen it with other new model cars in the past.

Although Ive had several problems too myself from issues with the Nav unit to a cracked window screen that still cannot be explained, Ive found that once I get past the terrier dog of the dealer who is running for cover to avoid costs, Vauxhall seem to have been great in terms of their support to get things resolved with the car.

Best of luck with your continued search, Id be interested to know what you're looking at for sure in the same price range and similar spec? Just please tell me its not a Seat Arona - now thats one car where the it definitely wasnt what I thought it would be from the brochure when I saw it in the showroom!!!! :shock: :lol:
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Dowler

Post by Dowler »

Grandland is a pile of the proverbial..... I was looking at Peugeot before.... wish I’d stuck with them tbh
fishwagon

Post by fishwagon »

I have a Kia Sportage 3 at the moment and if it wasnt for the steering problem l would have another.So my list is Ford Kuga,Mg Gs,Dacia Duster,Suzuki Vitara,Grandland X or something secondhand in my price range.I know its diverse but thats it for me,l need something to accomodate all my fishing gear.But l am now veering away from the Grandland X.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post