Snow driving

The place to discuss everything else..
bigmikeyc1

Post by bigmikeyc1 »

Not a fan so far of the grandland in the snow so far :? Just maybe not as confident as i should be.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Sadly I've been laid up so haven't had a chance to get out in the white stuff as. much as I actually wanted to try it. I didn't get the GRIP option though on my version. I think the GRIP driving mode tech is from the Peugeot crossover elements?

If anyone had it, was it actually any use for a 2wd car?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
horsey1

Post by horsey1 »

Went to pick up my brand new Grandland Sport Nav on Thurs 1st March and drove home in the falling snow. I have a short video, but not sure how to upload here (?). The car coped ok, with no worries, but as it was brand new and I wasn't used to the vehicle, I didn't put it to the test!
Grandland X Diesel 1.6 Turbo Sport Nav Auto
Getting acquainted..!! :D !
PeteW

Post by PeteW »

I used snow mode when we had snow a few weeks ago. Where I live we have a up hill part to get to the main road. As other cars grind in the soft snow and compact it down it turns to ice and no cars get up. I put mine into snow mode. Sailed up. The wheels were spinning, but it was still gripping. It felt wonderful getting up past your average car. Didn’t have special Winter tyres on just normal summer tyres. If I had cross climates let’s say, I’d have reduced the spin probably.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post