Spotted any sharks?

The place to discuss everything else..
Rob
Site Admin

Post by Rob »

Anyone found any hidden sharks yet?

opel-finds-sharks-hiding-in-grandland-x-and-crossland-x-asks-help-to-find-more-124619_1.jpg

According to Opel, the first shark was featured on a 2004 Corsa, hidden in the glovebox. Legend goes that the idea belonged to a little boy, son of then Opel designer Dietmar Finger, who suggested the man use a shark drawing to design the shape of the glove-compartment “ribs.”

The idea was soon adopted by Niels Loeb, at the time Opel’s chief designer, who approved the wide scale use of the model, starting with the Zafira, on which no less than three sharks were hidden by interior design head Karim Giordimaina.

They've appeared on Opel and Vauxhall cars ever since.

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Wow - never knew that? Have we got any?
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Incontinent Lemur

Post by Incontinent Lemur »

I love that - seems like a nice little easter egg. Has anyone found any in a Grandland yet?
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

Check the small cubby hole on the dash to the right of the steering wheel on the Grandland. (Might have to remove it to see it).
Reneeperry56

Post by Reneeperry56 »

We have a 2021 Vauxhall Crossland elite, I had never heard of the shark before yesterday but immediately went searching for it. After a few minutes I found our shark on the left as you open the glove box, my husband thinks I'm mad lol 😜😜

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post