Dealership Charges

The place to discuss everything else..
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Car was in for first service £160 .Picked it up and on the invoice £1 for screen wash .I know mine was full as I’d topped it up day before with green summer mix .Iv since checked it and it’s still same screen wash I topped up with .Nothing different been added so being ripped of My daughters car went in yesterday for first service and same charge on her invoice and I made sure I topped hers up before taking hers in . This is just another dealership ripping customers off anyone noticed unusual fees and what’s average price for first service
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I would contact them and question the £1 for screen wash. It may sound petty but if they are doing this to everyone that's a lot of money. I am charged normally around £159,99for a service. I always book it through the Vauxhall website cheaper than the R&D website.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Yes your correct.£1 charged every car will make them a fortune.Had I not topped mine and my daughters up .I probably would not have questioned it What’s more annoying My car was to have radio / Nav update.That had the car 2 days and still couldn’t do update .So will have to wait on them getting back to me to rebook for update
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi Lock-N
I have just had my second service carried out at our local dealership.
I waited until the vehicle had passed its second birthday and then joined the Vauxhall Service Club, which entitled me to a discount on service costs.
My first service was £162 which included £1 for screen wash.
Ive just paid £212 for second service which also included £1 for screen wash.

I use Bristol Street Vauxhall.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi AndyB .Is your dealership Evenshalshaw as this is my local Vauxhall garage and for years that iv used them they always find a way to make and extra £ out of there customers is A Squirt of WD40 £1 grease doors £1 just ripping us of

Tringy

Post by Tringy »

Went into tony levoys romford
Because they was not answering the phone about the air-conditioning they can't regas it so sent me to tony levoys lakeside thurrock they gave me a price of 380.00 to regas the car they said not covered on warranty so booked into kwik fit 129.00 the cars 17 months old with 12000 miles on it what robbing sods they are told me it only last 2 years before you need to regas, it wont be going back their again also report it to vauxhall customer services in luton they said should been covered on warranty
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.
Coatgallou

Post by Coatgallou »

Air conditioning system.
These systems should not require to be regassed unless there has been some problem with the system. Refrigerant gas I escaping into the atmosphere is bad for the ozone so the system is made to last. Leaks do occur but these can be avoided simply by ensuring the a/c compressor is used regularly.
What happens, if the system isn't run regularly, the seals within the unit can dry and shrink, although only very slightly, gas then escapes. Without attention the seals can continue to be a weak point in the system will possibly require another re-gas. If this happens, one solution is to introduce an additive to the refrigerant, this increases the molecular size and structure of the gas which makes it too large to escape through the very small gap in the seal.
Mechanics are not air conditioning engineers but mechanics taught to re-gas a/c systems.