Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Where do you find a firmware update. I can see maps but no firmware.

aureldelic

Post by aureldelic »

Plastivore wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 4:27 pm
aureldelic wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:14 am thanks, so it's not region specific, this unit really is subpar for such a great car, I have reached out to my local dealer to try and push this thing up the chain, but I will not get my hopes up.
I can only hope someone can break the protections of the car and firmware and fix some of the basic stuff here, this 5.0 unit is really the weakest link of the car for me... So far..
I've seen some discussions about the radio logos on the 3008 forums, and the logos are built into the firmware. The only ones that have a logo in the UK are BBC Radio 1-4, Classic FM and Jazz FM... Though the BBC ones don't work on DAB because the station names don't exactly match the ones on FM. I think that what frustrates me the most is that I have a logo for Classic FM, but not the rest of the stations in my presets list. Otherwise, I wouldn't be bothered.
Yes, I also have local station logos built in for fm radio, but DAB broadcast ota logos and other information if radio supports it, like station logo, what song is playing, even album art, all over the DAB protocol. But our units, for some idiotic reason, do not process this..
That is why I am trying to get some answers from dealer, as I reached out to Opel Customer Service but they said to contact the dealer..
If anyone has some contact info where I could pass this along, please share, this infotainment system is really really awfull...
Opel Grandland X, Ultimate + sunroof + alarm, Topaz Blue, 1.6T petrol
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Hi,

I have just purchased a second hand Grandland X Elite Nav for my wife.
I was wanting to perform the firmware update to resolve the issue with Bluetooth contacts which does seem to exist on this car (the same issue was experienced by my sister in her Peugeot 3008).
I have gone the to the Peugeot link and put in the VIN but I am only offered the maps update V13.0.0-r0. I do not seem to be being offered the firmware update. Can anyone confirm if they can still see the firmware download on this page? I'm wondering if PSA have decided that us Vauxhall owners are not worthy of a working Bluetooth system with out iPhones or if it's just not available to my car. Maybe they have built the firmware update into the maps?
The version running on my Grandland is 21.05.90.42_NAC_r0

A second question is should I use the Peugeot maps (2019 March) or Vauxhall maps (2019Q1) or is there no real issue with either?

Thanks,
Atariman

Post by Atariman »

Just checked on UK Peugeot Site with my VIN number and firmware update still there, software : V (for Version)21.07.16.32_NAC-r0 18/07/18, I would check again, some Peugeot forums say there are problems on site.

The maps I used the Peugeot ones 13.0.0 installed and work fine, they are identical to Opel ones just always available quicker on Peugeots site
Grandland X Ultimate 1.2 White
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Thanks for checking Atariman. I have looked again and the update is now available. I’ve updated and iPhone contacts are now all showing.
JatHome

Post by JatHome »

https://www.peugeot.co.uk/servicing/map-system-updates/
2018 1.6 Turbo Diesel SE in Jasper Grey
Nellyuk

Post by Nellyuk »

Can someone please confirm the correct name for the licence folder. This is the UK spelling yet all the tips on here it’s is spelt license???? I have tried the foreign spelling and it didn’t work so I’m now gonna try the uk licence spelling, all in lower case as advised above.
Nellyuk

Post by Nellyuk »

Just a quick update. Tried both spellings of licence and I’ve been advised ‘license’ is the accepted way. Now I’m getting media is not compatible with hardware error screen. Any advice please?
mcvpjd3

Post by mcvpjd3 »

How is the USB Key formatted? NTFS, FAT, FAT32?

Also, Licence is a noun, License is a verb
Grandland X Elite Nav - 2018
Nellyuk

Post by Nellyuk »

It’s FAT32. Tried a new usb stick this morning. Used winrar and I’m getting the Version not compatible with hardware error now? Any ideas anybody please?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post