Elite nav roofrack

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Good evening, I'm the proud owner of our new Grandland X for nearly 2 weeks now. I have a burning question about the roof.
We have a fixed panoramic glass sunroof, and we already have thule roofbars that I used on my Mokka. I'd like to know if We can get roof bar fixing kit from Thule so we can use the roof rack, as I can't see where they would fit onto the car?
Any help would be great
Thanks

watsonm

Post by watsonm »

Hi, I'm in the same situation - I had a Thule set that I used for my Insignia that I now need to use on my Grandland. If you open the doors you will see a small fixing hole in the underside of the roof which is used to fix the roof bar feet. I've looked into this and it appears the only options (for me at least) are for the Thule fixing kit 1873 and Thule rapid system foot pack 754 - this will fit onto my current aero bars (feet may depend on which bars you have?) Hope this helps.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Hi many thanks for the reply. It's just were both really sceptical about using a roof rack with a glass roof.
We've just sold our mokka thule bars and would need to purchase the whole lot from scratch.

I've noticed the holes inside each door, thought they may have something to do with a rack. We would be using the rack to carry 2 adult bikes as we already have the Thule bike carriers. Think it wise to have a trip to halfords and see what they suggest.
Cheers
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

I have the same model as you guys and purchased the Vauxhall roof bars for the panoramic roof. We went up to Scotland and down to Cornwall with a roof box with no problems but I would recommend putting some felt or rubber pads where the bats meet with the fitting holes inside the doors to prevent scratches appearing.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Thanks for your help, dont suppose you have any photos and details of the roof rack you purchased please? Just so I can look into purchasing the same one as yours?
Cheers
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

Hi Vegas, sorry but didn't take any pics, when I get a chance over the next week or two I'll put the bars back on the car and post some pics for you..
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Great thanks
Can you confirm if you bought the Vauxhall roof bars or Thule roof bars?
Cheers
Ayejay70

Post by Ayejay70 »

They're the Vauxhall ones, I got them at the same time as I bought the car and got 60% off them.
Vegas

Post by Vegas »

Brill thanks. I've just got the Vauxhall bars and they fit great. Many thanks for your help.
bayza

Post by bayza »

Hi all, sorry to hijack the thread but have a question regarding roof racks!

I took delivery of my SE yesterday, it is my understanding that I need the bars 'without Roof Rails'

(https://www.vauxhall-accessories.com/gr ... ing-system)

Are these what you guys have gone for and how simple were they to fit?

If you have gone for them, can you recommend a bike rack for a average mens mtb.

Thanks in advance!

Kyle

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post