Only a small thing but it's bugging me !

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
seyahremmus

Post by seyahremmus »

Just picked up my Grandland today, and totally see what everyone means. It's so bizarre it isn't the same colour as the time on the right.
How they can claim it's "working normally" I don't know haha
Grandland X | 1.2 Manual | Topaz Blue

Pelham 200

Post by Pelham 200 »

My response from vauxhall was" What you see is what you get", talk about spoil the ship etc. :roll:
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

You can add me to this problem. The only time the outside temperature can be read is during night time driving. During daylight it's virtually impossible to read. The Mokka display was definitely superior.
Buggy1967#

Post by Buggy1967# »

Has this issue ever been resolved. I have the grey temp and song details on my screen and I collected mine Grandland X in Feb2019
aureldelic

Post by aureldelic »

It has not, and thinking about it, it never will. They oved on to the new version of their infotainment system, so I dont think they will be wasting time on small stuff, or any for that matter.
I said it before, infotainment is the weakest link in Grandland, it just sucks, it's bad and not at all adequate for this car in this century IMHO.
At least what they could have done, or someone will, to unlock the complete system so we can edit stuff ourselves, or one day, simply replace this bad display and whole system with android aftermarket one...
Opel Grandland X, Ultimate + sunroof + alarm, Topaz Blue, 1.6T petrol
Brooster

Post by Brooster »

Infotainment Screen
I have the same issue with the temp display but now have a bigger problem with the screen.
Drove to work this morning and my infotainment display was working properly jumped into the car at 5 to drive home and the screen was very dull and could not be read.
maniek

Post by maniek »

@Brooster
Have you changed something?
Redrider251

Post by Redrider251 »

2020 and the problem still exists. Invisible grey on black. Very poor preproduction check. That and the woman who ignores what you say coming up with stupid options. My 58 plate vectra voice control worked a treat plus it had full steering wheel control so no stretching and dabbing at touch screen. How can you allow development come up with something worse!?
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

The unreadable gray temperature is fixed in Navi 5 system build version 21-08-84-12. Having been nagged by Vauxhall for 9 months, I held off from the free upgrade waiting for a build that fixed the gray. Lo behold, a couple of weeks ago the Vauxhall Ipswich dealer did the business.
nallen132

Post by nallen132 »

you need to upgrade the firmware to version 21-08-84-12 to resolve this, there is a link on here somewhere

PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-08-84-12_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2