Adaptation Reset/Relearning Procedure

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
bazate

Post by bazate »

I am trying to reset to factory default the ECU adaptations...due to a disturbing lag at around 2000 rpm that it self learnt during urban traffic.
Went to the dealership but they have no clue about such a procedure. Apparently they can send a reset command using they scanner but nothing happens. The Peugeot dealer have a different scanner/tester for their 3008s but it does not work on Grandlands...despite sharing the same engine.
Wondering if anyone knows a manual idle learn/reset procedure?
Eg Old Astras needed the ECU fuse removed and the use of the engine in certain conditions to have the engine reset its ECU maps to factory and restart learning.

bazate

Post by bazate »

The ECU of this car enters sleepmode/hybernates after 10 minutes from stop. In this timeframe it stores the recenty learnt values.
I think that removing the battery will force some relearning process...and delete some adaptations.
Any advice on when to do this: right after stop or after a longer perioud?...
bazate

Post by bazate »

Further investigations revealed that my fuel injectors got dirty. The dealer decided to replacem them....at 24.000km. 1000 km later the fuel trims did not get back to factory values. Still looking for a solution to reset the adaptations. It appears that some French cars get stuck at some parameters when problems occur...any help appreciated. They send me to the Peugeot dealer for further attemps to reset it.
bazate

Post by bazate »

Great news: I went to a Peugeot dealership and their scan tools has an extra function for Grandland: Adaptations reset! The extra button takes just a click and the ECU resets in seconds. The turbo lag is no longer there!
PS: They actually admit Grandland is a 3008....

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post