Automatic gearbox annoyance

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Hi,

So wondering if anyone is experiencing the same. I have a 1.2T 8spd automatic and when going up and down gears it's great. When coming to a complete stop and braking gently, at the last moment before stopping the brakes bite because it feels like the clutch is engaging, so no more engine braking/power. It's very annoying as I hate having the car jolt to a stop. When using the manual shifting of the gearbox and putting into 1st I don't get the same braking issue since the engine is still engaged until stop.

Just wondering if it's just happening to me as in its a fault?

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I have the same engine gearbox combo, but don't recognise this behaviour. I guess, the engine management system must shut off power (engine braking) when coasting to a stop to aid petrol consumption.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

Thanks, most times it's fine. I only notice it more when after stopping, then lift off to creep then having to use the brakes again. Definitely feels like engine management disengaging. I'll try it with start/stop being turned off.

Cheers
aureldelic

Post by aureldelic »

I think I know what you are talking about.
I have the same irritating behaviour on my 1.6T 8 speed auto.
It is even more noticeable now with a/c working all the time, I hate that last jolt before stop!
Opel Grandland X, Ultimate + sunroof + alarm, Topaz Blue, 1.6T petrol
m7xtWvtW

Post by m7xtWvtW »

It's not just me then :) with the automatic if I put it into manual mode in firs,t when braking it definitely feels more linear, no sudden disengagement at the last minute leading to that hard braking jolt. It's just rather annoying, especially in start / stop traffic.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post