Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Even with the cooling seats on full blast the blower on full with AC and rear demister on it works. However take the temp to low it stops or put the heated screen on it it doesn't work. That must be a hell of a power muncher.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Well, talk about banging your head against a brick wall !!!!!!
Have been in conversation with Vauxhall now for several months now. Over the last few days i have emailed them some of the issues that Grandland owners have been experiencing with their stop/start not working.
Find below their response !!!!!! :oops:
Vauxhall obviously dont care about their many unhappy customers !!!!!! :oops:
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Vauxhall response -

I must advise that regrettably we are unable to take into consideration comments raised on online forums.
Please be assured that your comments and concerns will remain on record for internal review

Did try to add a photograph of their response but it would not attach.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

Internal review? So they were filed away in a dusty cupboard then...maybe Indiana Jones might rediscover them at some point...
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

That sums up Vauxhall non customer care services. When I had my first Mokka Elite it took a year and an article in Autocar for them to accept there was a problem with the Bi-xenon headlights bouncing. The result was a software fix. On my Mokka X Elite there was a problem with the 1.4 petrol version. Everybody was complaining on the forum that it was a nightmare to pull away. People,including myself, were stalling the car or going off in kangaroo fashion. Vauxhall's answer was that people were non driving the car properly. Again it took a year for them to accept there was a problem with software protecting the dual mass flywheel. The result was yet again a software update. This not only stopped the problem but also transformed the cars performance. So don't hold your breath for them to do anything yet.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

It’s not just Vauxhall that don’t listen there dealerships are the same .I phone them 3 times yesterday to ad what the fault codes are that was discovered on my car on Friday and still I wait
The Grandland is a great car .But slowly becoming the car from hell .And things will only get worse because of the new owners Peugeot
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Lock-N wrote: Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:56 am It’s not just Vauxhall that don’t listen there dealerships are the same .I phone them 3 times yesterday to ad what the fault codes are that was discovered on my car on Friday and still I wait
The Grandland is a great car .But slowly becoming the car from hell .And things will only get worse because of the new owners Peugeot
Update got the start & Stop to work tonight ?
It’s a very complicated system.Had to set temp to 14 don’t know what eals I did but engine cut of and started when I pushed the clutch when on the start Stop I turned temp up and engine started .I'm baffled with this system.Not like in previous cars but I’ll keep trying different settings till I figure it out as 14 on heating will be to cold for winter anyone know what I’m doing wrong .But now I’m really curious because iv start Stop is working what Fault codes did the garage find .?
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Well I had my car in today for the start/stop problem and was told that due to my low mileage it will not work. You need to do 20 miles on a journey for it to recover. When I pointed out I'd just done nearly a 1000 miles in the 3 weeks including 2 runs of 200 I was told once the battery gets low even that won't recover it enough. They said they could have the car in for 3 days and fully charge the battery and check it. It will cost me £60 for labour charges. Who puts an alternator on a car that clearly is not up to the job? I pointed out I'm doing the same miles as on my Mokka X on which the S/S worked 90% of the time and had no battery problems.. Again they came back with it was an entirely different system. Seems I'm banging my head on a brick wall.
huffy

Post by huffy »

Took my car in for a recall yesterday.
When I booked it I mentioned the Stop/Start being pretty much non start and was told that they would have a look.
Picked it up, they had checked the battery but could not find any problems.
The Stop/Start is now working today??
Grandland X Hybrid 4
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Mine did not work until after it was in garage last Friday now works fine but it’s to go back in for Fault codes they say they found but can’t tell me what they are as the technician never wrote them down on job sheet do got to do it all over again .Who Said the cowboys are from the Wild West because I know some in my local Dealership

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post