Grandland x sportnav plastic "pillars"

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Deano

Post by Deano »

Just bought my Grandland X Sportnav and absolutely love it. Just one small issue ive had..the plastic "pillar" thats between the front and back door that runs from the roof to the bodywork seems to of picked up a few light swirl marks on it...its made from glossy plastic so i dare say it will continue to get light marks and scratches on it, but is there any type of polish i could use to lightly polish out the swirlies? Chees thanks

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Try toothpaste, works on spectacle lenes
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

When I read the original post I'd not noticed any swirl marks on the B pillar, however can now see them. My car has only been carefully washed by myself (2 bucket method) since the Diamondbrite treatment was applied at the dealers, so the finish must be very delicate. Correction of this by hand will probably make it worse, so perhaps machine polishing/finishing is the only answer. I don't have the equipment or experience to do this, so will let it be....
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I waxed mine and then lightly buffed to a shine, looks great. I use meguiars liquid wax.

Simon
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

I use Auto glym Aqua wax kit,this certainly gives a decrease in any swirls.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post