Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Vauxhall can’t even reply when you send them an email.Iv sent them 3 now over the last 2 Weeks regarding whining from the gear box.One about the missing Elite badges and also about changing the battery.And not 1 reply I can get the start & Stop to work but only after driving for a while My daughters car is the exact same So how do we get a replacement battery through the warranty because clearly the ones fitted are not fit for purpose
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

So which email address do people use to contact them about the start stop problem?
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

I Phoned yesterday this is the best way.mine is in again on Friday Plus when I phoned I was told there is another update for the Nav something something forgot but hopefully I get the result I want .A replacement battery
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Deleted User 409

Someone on the Opel/Grandland Facebook group has asked for an AGM battery from his dealer before delivery. He has been told that Vauxhall say the existing battery is fit for purpose and will not substitute it. He is currently trying to find out if he can cancel his order without loosing his £500 deposit. If not the cheaper alternative seems to shell out around £200 for the better battery.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

It’s up to Vauxhall tech dept if Battery is replaced you have to complain to Vauxhall customer support.They then get you booked into your local dealership and depending on what they find and say to the tech team ? So hopefully tomorrow I’ll find out as this is my 2nd go at it .Drove 40 miles today not once did S&S work yet first thing yesterday morning 1 mile from home it worked

Deleted User 409

As a matter of fact does anyone know which battery is fitted in the Peugeot 3008? After all they are basically the same car in all but body shape.
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I tried numerous times to get some joy from Vauxhall Customer Service regarding this issue. I sent emails and made phone calls over the course of several months. It got me nowhere, but made me feel very frustrated.. i have no idea how to get an upgraded battery fitted as neither Vauxhall nor my Dealership will even entertain the thought that the battery fitted is inadequate for the job. I really wish that Vauxhall would wake up and realise that these inferior batteries need to be replace free of charge. I did mention this Grandland forum, stating that it was a common problem but was told that neither Vauxhall or their dealerships take any interest in it. My s/s still doesnt work.........................
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Can anyone tell me how to find out if your car is fitted with an A G M Battery Mine is a Varta S1
My one is the Black type s/n 9811722280 (700A SAE-GS) 12V 70AH 760A
Looking on the Varta site AGM Battery’s are Silver
Just back from dealership and never looked at my car as they said my car has the AGM battery fitted
This is now 3 visits to them and still problems persist.so phoned Vauxhall customer support and according to them iv not got an AGM Battery do I hope someone on this site can say what type of battery this is Above

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Lock-N wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:23 am Can anyone tell me how to find out if your car is fitted with an A G M Battery Mine is a Varta S1
My one is the Black type s/n 9811722280 (700A SAE-GS) 12V 70AH 760A
Looking on the Varta site AGM Battery’s are Silver
Just back from dealership and never looked at my car as they said my car has the AGM battery fitted
This is now 3 visits to them and still problems persist.so phoned Vauxhall customer support and according to them iv not got an AGM Battery I hope someone on this site can say what type of battery this is Above

Deleted User 409

I'm thinking of shelling out for an AGM battery, but I would like to know :-

1. How I can tell what type of battery is fitted to my car.

2. What an AGM battery looks like.

Seems there is so much unknown in what should be so simple to resolve.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post