Idea for the 240V outlet in the Grandland

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

The other day I sat in the back seats of my Grandland at night. I noticed it’s quite dark, unlike the front seats where you have the ambient lighting in the door bins, downlight and dashboard lights. Of course you’ve got the courtesy light and reading lights in the roof, but I thought it would be nice to have some form of soft ambient lighting, especially nearer the footwells. Then I had an idea, why not plug one of those soft glow nightlight plugs in the 240V socket! I’ve got an orange neon one about somewhere so I’ll take a photo and share when the rain stops and I get chance to try it out. If it works then there’s quite a range of nice LED ones for sale, it should look quite neat and provide some cosy lighting in the rear.

So interested to know what else people have used their 240V mains outlet (if fitted) below the rear facing vents of their GXs.

Regards
Simon

busabliss

Post by busabliss »

I don't think mine works, just plugged a small lamp in, no joy, anyone else had problems?
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Did you start the engine? Mine only works with the engine running.
Slice

Post by Slice »

Need some pics please :)
aecius

Post by aecius »

Mine works but only when I switch the engine on. I tried to connect the electric kettle but that didn't work. It's only 70W or something so I cannot do much but tested it with laptop charger and works okay. But I don't really need the outlet tbh
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I ended up buying a USB powered LED lighting kit and fitted it under the front seats. Looks amazing and lights both front and rear footwells, with a choice of colour! App on the phone allows me to control it and it retains the status even when powered off. I've got it powered from a small USB charger plugged in the rear 240V socket. The LED strips are cable tied to the underside of the seat frame, taking care of course to ensure the wires don't get in the way of the runners.

Car LED lights 3.png

Car LED lights 2.png

Car LED lights 1.png

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post