Recommendations for quiet tyres on Grandland X 1.2T petrol Sport Nav (18s)

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Hi everyone
Car is passed 18,000 miles and looks like the front tyres will probably need replacing next year. At the moment I have Michelin Primacy 225/55 R18s on both front and one rear wheel, and looks like a Continental on the other rear wheel (assume the previous owner had a puncture/replaced tyre and the other 3 are factory originals.
I’m keen to get the quietest ride as I do a lot of motorway driving. At the moment road noise is ok, but I expected it to be a bit quieter on the motorway. So any recommendations for quiet tyres? Or is it best to stick to the factory originals?

Thanks
Simon

edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

I have the Michelin Primacy Green on mine too - I think they are the stock tyres.

I hate them! The tread is bizarre - do you find that when you cross over white lines for example the tyres dont seem to keep their grip and the car sways ever so slightly and seems to lose control?

Im at 20k and they are on the edge at the moment too. I bought my car through PCP though and so will likely be giving it back soon, so I dont intend to spend a whack on tyres to be honest if its going back.

Previously, on my owned Antara, I used Hankook and Nexen which were brilliant, Hankook were quieter. Shop around for deals though, I recently had to shop around for my other car and in the end Kwik Fit were giving the best deal with a 10% discount which surprised me. Blackcircles and Asda Tyres were runner up sites to search too.
Jase
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Dag Hammar

Post by Dag Hammar »

Read up on Michelin Cross Climate tyres. There is loads of info on the internet regarding these tyres. The website Honest John is a good read and Honest John continually recommends Cross Climates both for their ride quality and low noise. The other benefit is they are an all seasons tyre and therefore good in low temperatures.
Bear in mind though that if you do take the plunge and fit Cross Climate tyres you are strongly advised to fit all four wheels with them and do not mix and match.
Hope this helps.
Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

The cross climate tyres came as standard fit on my Grandland, due to the All Road pack. Great tyres, but only picked car up in February so no experience of harsh winter conditions yet.
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

I am running on continental contact 5. They are very quiet especially on motorways
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Spanner999

Post by Spanner999 »

Falken tyres are very quiet and a pretty good price to ,can’t be bad Mercs fit them and others to .look at the decibel readings Falken range between 67and 70 .Mich around 70/71 Contis are noisy.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Just updating to say I've just come back from having 4 brand new Michelin Primacy 3 tyres fitted to my Grandland 1.2T petrol sport nav (18s). Wow, they are virtually silent compared to the worn tyres including an odd continental on the rear before. Previous tyres had done an impressive 26K on the front so I'm sticking with Michelins. Fabulous tyres overall, very low noise, excellent grip and good wear. I bought them through Blackcircles who offered a discount on 4, and had them fitted at a local alloy wheel garage (Blackcircle top recommended). Very pleased!

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post