Post by Frags »

Finally pick up the new car tomorrow, :D :D :D
Grandland X Sport Nav 1.2

Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Enjoy your new toy.
Frags

Post by Frags »

Picked up, done just over 200 miles so far so good. Only complaint so far really is the footrest catches when I change gear. Other than that it’s great so far.
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

I had exactly the same thing with the footrest, also I found it difficult to get used to the clutch. Then after a few days struggling to pull off smoothly I moved the seat back a bit, further than seemed natural but still able to press the pedals to the floor with my butt in the back of the seat. Voila, it took me a day or so to adjust but now its great, smooth action and the only time I still occasionally catch the foot rest (although I think it may be the panel above the pedals) is when I wear my long work dress shoes which have pointed fronts. Watched a lot of videos on getting the correct seating position as I suffer from sciatica and have a 100 mile commute to work, but now got the headrest adjusted to keep my shoulders and heat against the seat and steering wheel adjusted. Feels really comfy even though I dont have the AGR seats.

Simon
Frags

Post by Frags »

Got it just right now, did as you suggested, I have now however discovered several features missing from what I ordered! Kinda puts a damper on an otherwise great car!
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Glad you got it sorted! Yes seems they substantially changed the range specs recently and dropped some of the nice features not just from the sport but even the elite. I mean no reversing camera, no keyless entry and power tailgate even on the top elite! At least you get the AGR seats which I guess is more important, but seems really mean! I tend not to buy new so avoid this problem but if you dont get what you’ve ordered then you have a right to return it.

Simon
Frags

Post by Frags »

Basically I should have had the SRI spec which still doesn’t include tailgate, keyless entry etc, but does include tinted windows and Vauxhall connect. It’s not a huge drama I just don’t like being lied to. The seats are amazing, I have MS and suffer on long journeys, this is so much more comfortable. The car is nice to drive and I’m getting decent mpg av about 48 at the minute. Getting used to the electric handbrake Now which is a godsend as I now don’t have the grip for a conventional one. All in all it’s a decent car, but for 20odd thousand pounds you want things right!

Harry
Midinotes

Post by Midinotes »

Sounds fabulous Harry, hopefully by the time I changed mine in a few years time they will tweak the spec a bit more - certainly looking forward to the extra adjustability with those new seats. I also have a 1.2 turbo manual, nicely run in now (20K on the clock) and although almost all my driving is motorway (commuting to work) I am averaging 52mpg a tank! Since I had the car I've only run it on Asdas unleaded but I'm now trying a few tanks of VPower Shell (99), more to give the engine a flush with cleaning agents but curious to see if it affects mpg. I am a gentle driver though and always back off the gas until I really need to brake, so I've always managed excellent fuel economy from my cars.

Simon