Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Here we are. Vauxhall Ref No. from the end of October, 31650484. spoke to both customer care and then a manager about battery problems. Basically the outcome was the EFB battery is fine and will not fit an AGM. Need to drive more.
Now had AGM in for just on 3 weeks and S/S seems to be working fine 90% of the time. Used car on Tuesday and worked fine even with the heated seats on. I have not had to put battery on charge as I did with the EFB battery and CTEK comfort lights are still showing green.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My Car is going in this Friday so we will see.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Car went in this morning. They have advised my battery has low charge therefore the stop start wont work. They advised go for a long drive and see if it then works if not come back leave car there for 6 to 7 hours to charge battery and they will go from there. Car has done around 3600 miles from new 68 plate.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi This is what they advise all the time Drive Drive .When I first got my car I did a 560 miles round trip and still never worked Then garage had my car all day and charged the battery and S&S worked for 1 day do yes your system will work after a charge then you’ll be back at Square 1 Iv had a new battery Not an AGM and my S&S works a bit more since then but not sa it should Owners who have an AGM Battery now don’t have S&S problems Vauxhall would like for us to purchase an AGM at around £250 but it’s not down to us .Its form them to provide one and solve our faults so we need more and more owner to send me ref/No when complaining to Vauxhall
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
lions33

Post by lions33 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:07 am Car went in this morning. They have advised my battery has low charge therefore the stop start wont work. They advised go for a long drive and see if it then works if not come back leave car there for 6 to 7 hours to charge battery and they will go from there. Car has done around 3600 miles from new 68 plate.
lions33

Post by lions33 »

Exactly the same happened to me today, it’s not the first time they want to recharge it they did it with the last battery.
I don’t think the dealerships know what to do with this issue.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Vauxhall don’t want to replace battery’s and dealerships answer is to charge battery I’m beginning to think we’ve all got electric cars that need charged .Wonder why Vauxhall don’t supply charging points just for Grandland x Owners ?
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have emailed the Vauxhall CEO ( stephen norman) and I am waiting for a response. I will update once I know more.
If anyone else wants to email its stephen.norman@vauxhall.co.uk
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

My case is ongoing I will get an update today once CEO office has spoken to a technical colleague at headoffice.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Hi re the CEO I also contacted them and had a reply .Iv to book my car into dealership and go on a test drive to show what my fault it .And as a one of the CEO S Secretary said the will pay for the inspection so now again I don’t hold out much hope of a satisfactory fix as I know that they will say car need to be driven more .But again I’ll go through there rigmaroles .And one thing for sure I won’t be leaving my car again for them to charge the battery
Opt of the reply from CEOs Dept below Date: 20 February 2020
Case: 31791940

This is just a courtesy email.

Please be advised that on receipt of your email I have engaged with our internal team, who have suggested that you make an appointment with the retailer and request that they test drive the vehicle with you and fully explain the features of the Stop/Start and discuss the concerns you are experiencing with the radio.

Once you have made the appointment please update me and I will be happy to follow this matter for you, please be advised that as a one off gesture of goodwill I will happy to cover the cost of the diagnoses for you and I shall update the retailer once the booking has been made.

However if I can be of any further assistance at all in the meantime then please do not hesitate to contact me and I shall certainly do my utmost to assist you.

Kind regards
Joanne Heels
Executive Support Manager
This mail has been sent from Vauxhall Motors Limited, Registered in England

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post