Firmware Update

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi

I tried the peugeot website and it only shows the map update. no firmware update.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Maybe we can email Vauxhall and ask for them to do the same as Peugeot with Firmware.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

I spoke to them last month on the phone and they said no updates have ever been available for Vauxhall grandlands , and will tell us when an update is available .
I said Peugeot has had loads of updates and they work in Vauxhall versions .
they said that they are two different systems and are not the same as each other in any way . .
I said that's strange as ive got the latest Peugeot version jan 2020 on mine .
they said it will not work as its for Peugeot 3008 only and it will stop my unit from communicating with my various Vauxhall systems . .
I said all the systems are Peugeot , non are Vauxhall .
they said no no no, its a Vauxhall system , nothing to do with Peugeot at all .

what the hell are they talking about ? . , the whole car has PSA stamped all over it .
how come Vauxhall uk do not know about this , did someone not tell them at PSA .
they must all still be living in a GM bubble . :lol:
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
EliteEstate

Post by EliteEstate »

so probably no chance of Vauxhall ever making them available .
2018 Grandland Elite Jasper Grey
kurt1303

Post by kurt1303 »

It is very easy.
When you go to the Peugeot website, and enter your VIN.
It will show you the available updates.
If there are no updates available, it means that your car is up to date.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It wouldnt know if we had the lastest update though as we havent connected it to anything to tell the Peugeot system we have done it.
kurt1303

Post by kurt1303 »

I did my updates a few weeks ago.
I have a Opel GLX.
First I checked on the Opel site and on the Peugeot site.
On both sites the updates (map and firmware)were available for my car.
I then updated the firmware using the Opel site.
After that I checked both sites Opel and Peugeot, and only the map update was available.
Two weeks later, I did the map update.
When I check now, there are no updates available on the Opel site, neither on the Peugeot site.

When a new update comes available, it will be visible on both sites.
Gerbil55

Post by Gerbil55 »

Downloaded map update after finding it via the My Vauxhall app. I use a Mac/iOS not Windows, the zipped file is unzipped automatically so you don’t get a chance to make sure that, as per Vauxhall’s instruction, the “Conversion LF to CR/LF at TAR Archive” is NOT selected on WinZip before starting the Unzip process, has anyone downloaded a map update using Mac/iOS and successfully updated their maps ?
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Looks like the Peugeot site no longer works for map / firmware updates. The page now directs you to download a program to your computer which then asks for your VIN. This software wont accept a Vauxhall VIN.
Where do we go now for Firmware updates as I can only see the map on the My Vauxhall page.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I have the same issue. The only way we are going to be able to do it is with a Peugeot 3008 Vin or try the Peugeot 3008 forums to get it if someone uploads the file. Vauxhall have no idea.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post