Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Thats Good to hear hoping mine will be the same. They fitted a Vauxhall/Opel labelled EFB battery on my car and the Original was a Varta. Do you know which EFB battery they fitted to yours?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

grampymike

Post by grampymike »

yes, exactly the same , Varta taken out and vauxhall battery installed
grampymike

Post by grampymike »

I've even been turning the start/stop system off at certain times, never thought I would ever need to do that !!
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok thats good to hear its the same battery fingers crossed we have no more problems.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
grampymike

Post by grampymike »

Yes, indeed
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

:D
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its still working so fingers crossed the new battery has fixed it.
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

This all seems to have quietened down now. It's been a while since I've been on the forum. My GX Elite nav has been sat in the drive going nowhere as my wife is shielding due to her low immune system. This morning I decided to give the car a short run. Wasn't sure if it would start as when I had the EFB battery this went flat inside two weeks. I have been giving an occasional charge as the RAC chap recommended who got the car started, but its been about 3 weeks since last done. Pleased to say that the car started no problem and with no sign of ECO mode. The start/stop worked within a short distance from home and continued to work in the couple of miles I did. So I'm glad at least I invested in an AGM battery.
Pjb

Post by Pjb »

Hi all,i too was having start stop trouble and after reading on here i decided to gamble and change the battery to agm,what a difference start stop all the time,the car just feels a bit stronger.changed it myself,connected 12v to obd port changed the battery it made no difference so disconnected the battery for 5mins and lost time etc car would not start for approx 10mins when it did start no change,left the car overnight locked then all ok ever since.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Mine hasn't come on for a few days. The light flashes again. Hopefully it will come on again in the next few days. Very small journeys so hopefully its just that.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post