Engine check - Engine Repair fault

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
tutuyo

Post by tutuyo »

Good morning to everyone.

I own a GLX in glorious Topaz blue since December 2019,1.2/130hp and have already done 6500 km with absolute no problem at all.

However in the past 2 weeks an error occurred twice.

Last Monday I switched on normally in the morning and an error came up on the little screen in yellow "Engine Failure, Please repair Engine".Then the car lost power. I switched off immediately and then the ventilator started working.

After 5 minutes, everything back to normal. No error displayed and the car was working fine.

Local dealership told me that it was probably some false alarm.

Then today, again the same behavior.

Again after 5 minutes the error message is gone and the car works as normal.

Of course I booked it on my local dealership to be checked but I was wondering has anyone else faced the same problems?

If yes, did they manage to find out what it was?

Due to the ventilator firing up, could be it some problematic sensor?

Baronoli

Post by Baronoli »

Had the same issue.

My Turbo and intercooler need replacing, it's been at Vauxhall for 4 weeks now awaiting parts.
Old Grandland (Sold 'Nov 22):
Elite Nav 1.2 Ameythyst Purple

New Grandland
Ultimate PHEV - Cobalt Blue
mstickler

Post by mstickler »

I had this problem back in may join the motorway got up to 60mph then lost all power went down to 30mph only which I think it had gone into limp mode. on driver information came up engine repair got rac out check it over & he said it was cam sensor drove it about 2 miles no problem then the same thing happened so had to go to Vauxhall. they had it a week & said they were waiting for parts ignition module & spark plug leads. they fitted these & there was still the same problem. they must have got someone else to look at it & they said it could be the fuel tank. so after 8 weeks waiting they fitted a new tank & all is fine for now. but I also notice when I got car back it had an extra 4000 miles on the clock & the interior lights are not working. asked Vauxhall how it has 4000 extra miles on it they said they can't find a fault. also still waiting for control unit for interior lights

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post