Grandland X not starting after trying Jumpstart

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Sbonline

Post by Sbonline »

Hi,

I’m new to this forum so sorry if I posted this in the wrong section

I was trying to use my Grandland X to jump start another car in my household however when I popped the positive battery flap up to make a connection with the jump leads the grand land x started to flash hazard lights and now the grand land x will not start!

Does anyone know what this issue could be?

Thanks

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi,

It will be due to the new Technology its advised not to jump start with these cars as it can cause issues with the computer.
Your best bet is to disconnect the battery and leave it for a while. Then reconnect the battery and it should hopefully start up.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Sbonline

Post by Sbonline »

Hi thanks,

It is now starting hopefully it stays that way, I will find another vehicle to jump start the car that is dead.

Thanks for your help
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its more than likely it confused the computer and wouldnt start as it was protecting the car. Good to hear its working now.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Skidd72

Post by Skidd72 »

When you say disconnect the battery do you mean just the + or both ends of the battery??
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Skidd72 wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 2:28 pm When you say disconnect the battery do you mean just the + or both ends of the battery??
?

What the issue with your car?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post