Back in again

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Thanks to GLX68 for the CEO details.

Got mine back on the day of lockdown apparently the high pitched brake squealling and clunking in reverse had been fixed along with stop start and the heated windscreen which defrosted the left side first before the drivers side.

But before that I got it back 2 weeks prior when the brakes were fixed. I got it out the dealer only for the brakes to fail on the afternoon school run. They said is a master cylinder in the gear box that operates the braking and clutch system.

So we are now with 3 changes of discs and pads,laughable.

Anyhow I wrote to the CEO with the full history low and behold it has been taken to a Regional Technical. Which basically in my view is centralising dealership warranty work. It went in yesterday and I got another hire car.

The CEO representative will be contacting me today with an update. Not holding my breath for a clear concise outcome. The question was put to them, was simply after 3 brake component changes it is not working and therefore the car is not fit for purpose what do they propose. The answer = no response.

I will let you know what happens.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

No problem and Good luck. The Ceo office were very good when I had a issue.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Here is the current response.

Dear Mr Campbell

I write in reference to my previous email.

I have spoken to our Regional Technical Centre, who are in the process of reviewing their diagnostics with our Technical Field Manager and I shall update you further by the close of business on the 10th July 2020.

Thank you for your continued patience.

Yours sincerely

I have asked for clarity on what the diagnosis is,as if they are looking at a 4th brake change then I am aghast at this complete fiasco.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Fingers crossed you get it sorted.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

They have replied saying they cannot find a fault. Unbelievable unless I have lived a dream for the past two years or the whole thing stinks. I really am hacked off with Vauxhall.

I sent off a right stinker of a letter, reminding them that I am a retired traffic cop and in that I was a vehicle examiner and Crash Investigator. So I know faults when I see them.

The field technical person is checking it by Wednesday to ensure a new part for the display is put in. Who knows what will come out of it the only thing I can say is I have no faith in Vauxhall in any shape or form.

Mark
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

They have got back to me saying that the branch mechanics cannot replicate the fault. However a step by step guide was given to them by myself and they are saying the Technical Field Manager will attempt to replicate the fault, we shall see.

On the mater of the heating control panel they are replacing, Vauxhall can find no paperwork of it being fitted in February despite the dealership saying they did. I really am of the opinion nothing has been getting done to the car whilst in the dealership. If work had been done then I am sure I would not have to have wasted all this time and effort.

Anyhow they are getting back to me by the end of Wednesday afternoon.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Always the case they cant replicate the fault. Whats wrong heater control panel?
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

You can drive along at say 22degrees heating the passenger would be anything else. For no reason the drivets side changes to whatever the passenger side is set at. It is an intermittent fault.

Vauxhall said it was a fault that occurs in the 3008 now and again way back in February.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok. I find the heaters not very powerful in the Grandland.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Just been notified by Vauxhall that they have:-

"I can confirm the new heater control panel has been fitted for the temperature gauge, a new battery has been fitted for the concern with the start/stop function and the heated front screen has been reconfigured, to now heat the driver’s side first.

Our Technical Field Manager did visit the vehicle yesterday and was unable to fault the concern with the brakes and confirms the vehicle is operating as per specification. At this time, we can only advise you continue to monitor the brake concern and should this re-occur, to contact your preferred Vauxhall dealership straight away."

In respect of the brakes I could kick myself that I never videoed it. However I have no doubt it will occur again when I get it back and this time I will be recording.

Roll on tomorrow or Monday.