Stop / Start issues

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Just had the same thing - haven't driven it a lot lately and Baylis just said the stop start won't kick in if the battery is under 80% charged.....that seems quite a low threshold to me but don't know how much it takes out of the battery to start the Grandland a few times a journey. Now they have it sat on charge overnight......

Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Iv had that A Charge overnight and ok for a day or so .They'll tell you your not driving enough ? Iv just driven to Doncaster & Back and mine only worked 2 or 3 times Next day s&s not working again when battery should be fully charged on a 500ml round trip so I’m driving and driving and my Battery is Rubbish We All Need The correct type
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
Theangus79

Post by Theangus79 »

I purchased my Grandland X around August 2018 , around 3 months after purchase the stop/start refused to work, several times I recharged the battery myself which cured the problem. When connecting charger I did notice the battery charge was always around 10.5 volts. The battery was replaced eventually in March 2020, it's now September and again start/stop has completely stopped working.
My feeling is the alternator just isn't up to the job of keeping the battery at full charge, something to note my car is used during the day, so no main lights on and usually a 16 mile drive with virtually no stops. I'm left feeling very disappointed with this problem.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Mine is going to be looked at again Just waiting on Update being fixed First ??
2019.Vauxhall Grandland X Elite Nav White. 1.2 Turbo Panoramic Roof-Wind Deflectors- Mudguards-window shades-& Side Step

Now got Grandland 2022 White & Black The Facelift model GS Line Wind Deflectors Fitted Rear Sun Shades Mudguards Side Step
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

I have given up with this s/s issue.
My local dealership dont seem to be interested and the same with Vauxhall.
I agree, that the issue is probably the alternator not recharging the battery sufficiently for the s/s to work.
Vauxhall must be fully aware of this problem but have decided to ignore it.

Also regarding your update LockN, what is this for as my dealership have said there is no updates due on my vehicle. I have had one recall done many months ago regarding wiring.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Mine is for Sat/Nav Radio it’s a Recall and my dealership tried several times and can’t do it .New waiting o a USB coming from Vauxhall with correct one

jayh1986

Post by jayh1986 »

After taking it in for its first appointment for stop go and it not being fixed, its been in for its 2nd and they have decided it needs a new battery. Just got to wait for it to be ordered in and its going to he changed. She didn't know whether it was a egb one or an agm so problem might only be temporary fixed. Even though I would like it fixed, I'm not overly fussed about it, but just out of principle I will keep taking it back again and again, its only a very minor inconvenience for me as I can cope without a car for a day or 2. The more I can pester them the better.
Lock-N

Post by Lock-N »

Mine is going back in again for Battery Problem the replacement one I got The Dealership told Vauxhall they fitted an AGM one but only fitted a cheep Vauxhall type EGM ? Definitely not AGM iv tried to point this out and asked them several times to show me where it says AGM .Only once got an acknowledgement it’s not .Then they back tracked saying it is This time I’m telling them iv took pictures and sending to executive Support Manager As they know iv got an open case with support and see what they say then
Also booked in for a recall 2 things update radio & Sat/Nav and a wiring harness inspection

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

my battery was replaced about a month ago. Since then I have only been doing short school run journeys. But it has worked every single time.

Mark
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI Mark.C Please can you provide a photo of the battery or the details on it as mine worked for a while after they replaced the battery and now the stop start has stopped working.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post