firmware/satnav updates

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Mark.C

That's not the latest version of the maps.

Copy the link below into a word document and press enter which should highlight it Blue. Then right click it and open the link. This should then start a download process in your Browser. This will give you the latest version which is 18.0.0

http://download.tomtom.com/OEM/PSA/MAP/ ... _WAVE2.tar
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Did you ever get your car back with the updates done?
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
exmokkaman

Post by exmokkaman »

Hi, sorry for the late reply. Yes the car was in for nine working days! I was told that it was on direct link to Vauxhall who did all the work. I have still had a couple of minor probs, stop start going off for a couple of days and yesterday I had to press the footbrake to move in reverse. Had no probs with turbo not working or silly reports of drivers door open when it is shut. Hopefully it will be ok now. I really love the car unlike some owners who hate theirs.
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Hi GLX

Tried your instructions, it just takes me straight to the TOM TOM homescreen. Even when I search it on the built in units it gives the Vauxhall. I click on it and it takes me straight to the Vauxhall website, log in and it is still only 2019-Q3..

Why can't things be simple
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Mark.C

It cant be copying the link right. Try copying the link again into a Word Document and pressing enter after pasting it. It should then Highlight Blue.
Then try right clicking the link on the Word Document which should let you open the hyperlink in your browser and it should download it. If this does not work try copying the now highlighted link in the Word Document back to the browser.

Vauxhall arent even aware that version 18 is out.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Luka07

Post by Luka07 »

Yes, unfortunately they are not aware that the v18 is already ready for installation and so is OPEL even less than they are. I'm trying to find an option to install new firmware because waiting for their regular update, of which there is nothing, I will never get an update map and firmware.
Dsrogan

Post by Dsrogan »

Vauxhall say unzip with winzip, but it does not work. You need to use WINRAR which does work
Grandland Elite nav 1.2 auto in Topaz blue with 3rd party reversing camera MY 2018.5
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=799&start=40#p4701
This new app 'Vauxhaull Update' does-away with the need for WINRAR.
Accessed via 'My Vauxhall' on your PC or Mac.
If your VIN number has no updates outstanding, there will be nothing to download.
It is kind of Vauxhall to simplify the process, but the 'Update' program has been launched without fanfare. Who knows it exists?
2020 Hybrid 4
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Europe Map Update 20.0.0-r0 for NAC Wave 2

Copy the link below into a word document and press enter which should highlight it Blue. Then right click it and open the link. This should then start a download process in your Browser. This will give you the latest version which is 20.0.0

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

The Europe map update for 20.0.0-r0 Wave 2 is now showing available in the My Vauxhall App.

You can download the Vauxhall Update app which you put your car VIN into and it will show any Map Updates and Firmware updates for you car,

Copy the link below into a word document and press enter which should highlight it Blue. Then right click it and open the link. This should then start a download process in your Browser. This will give you the Vauxhall Update App

https://my.vauxhall.co.uk/downloads/map ... update.exe
Last edited by GRANDLANDX68 on Sun Feb 07, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post