Unknown Plug Underneath the Dashboard

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Hello,

When I was working on my Grandland, I came across this plug which was unplugged. I never touched it and just found it like this. It is located behind the centre console, by the footwell.

Does anyone know what it could be for? Should I connect it to something or is it for some sort of accessory etc?

20201214_121142.jpg

20201214_121151.jpg

20201214_121204.jpg

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Vayerr

Was there anything nearby that it could be plugged into?
I know Peugeot used to do this as I had this on Peugeot 306 where the looms and plugs were there you could just add the part and it would work.
When I get a chance I will have a look at my car and see if its the same.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Hi mate,

I don't recall seeing anything obvious around it, but then again I didn't go feeling around behind the white plastic block thing to see if anything is hiding there. I kinda assumed it was there like you said, to add something later.

I was going through pictures I have on my phone and found it so I thought I'd ask. As long as everything works, I'm happy but just curious what it could be.

I'm going in for the recalls in a week so I'll ask them but if past experience with Vauxhall technicians is anything to go by, they'll probably have no idea.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok as you say if everything works not worth worrying about too much but would be interesting to see what it could be for. I would guess the same with the Vauxhall Technicians as they are not as familiar with the PSA cars yet.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

There are a few unconnected plugs around the car, another in the front dashboard speaker area for example. They are just part of generic wiring looms for systems that aren't on your model of car. I don't believe you can use them to 'upgrade' though before you ask lol. Unless a tech tells you different of course, clever bods they can be...
Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Everything is possible haha. If you go onto Astra K forum, people have modified Astras to such extent you get heated seats and steering wheel, upgraded audio, start the engine using your key. Just need a bit of time to play around.

I am curious what those plugs might be for that are around the Grandlands like you've mentioned. If we knew where the other end goes to, there are some possibilities then. :)
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I wonder if that connector could have something to do with the Centre speaker that it fitted to the Peugeot 3008 when they have the Premium sound system fitted.
exprezzyourself

Post by exprezzyourself »

I've noticed exactly the same plug in my Grandland X Elite Nav. Tried to find out what is it for but no luck. As you mentioned, everything works in the car. What's more I've asked a friend to scan my car for any faults, but nothing came up. Strange :roll:

IMG_0855 1.jpg

IMG_0854 2.jpg

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Interesting, interesting... I believe Elite Nav is higher spec/trim than Tech Line Nav and it still hasn't been used. Wonder which trim would have it connected to something, if any?

Maybe it's a random plug used on other PSA cars and they used the same wiring loom for Grandland. Hmmm. Hopefully one day we'll know.

Although looking at our pictures, the 3 wires that go into the plug are different colours. Earth, Purple, White vs Earth, Green, Pink?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

It would be interesting to see if the Ultimate trim has this connector as well like our versions or if its connected to something. Could the connector be for the optional Premium sound system?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post