Prospective new owner (well the wife is anyway)

New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Good to hear your Happy with the Grandland and deffo bonus the space saver is there, I would try asking the salesman you bought the car from to see if he can find out how to fit the Dog guard or have any instructions as they seem to of been helpful with you so far.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I'll drop the back seats tomorrow (got to fit the dashcam anyway) and have a quick look. We had a dog guard in the Mokka which was really quick and easy to install, so I'm hoping this will be the same.
Failing that, will ask my very helpful sales lady.
1.2 SE ,8 speed auto, 2019, metallic Ruby red.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Moss5

Post by Moss5 »

With regard to your spare wheel and tools, make sure you have a towing eye and ‘locking wheel-nut’ tool that fits your car.
In my case, I had two locking wheel nut tools (only one fitted) and the towing eye was thrown out because it belonged to the air compressor and sealant kit.
I also did not have a device for removing the plastic covers for the wheel bolts.
I experimented with fitting the spare wheel and found it very difficult because there are no studs to hang the wheel on. I now carry a tommy-bar to pass through the wheel and into the threaded hub to align the wheel for the fitting of bolts.
2020 Hybrid 4
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Good advice thanks, I'm going out to it this morning and will add this to my list of jobs to do/check.
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Good call, the towing hook was missing so the dealers are going to order one, as were the tyre dust caps, but I think I can stand some from Halfords or similar.
The yellow nut cap remover is there and the locking nut key has been retrieved from the glove box and is in the tool-kit where it belongs.
I have fitted the dashcam, and I think I have worked out how to fit the dog guard. I need to drill 6x holes in the upper boot trim to fit the internal fasteners, so I just need to figure out how to remove it now.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its good to see the dealership are looking after you with any issues after driving off the forecourt.
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I went in to drop off a V5c from a car I traded in and had a word with one of their tech's who showed me how to take the boot trim off. Now I just need a pare pair of hand to offer up the guard while I mark the holes.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Great so you should be able to do it quite easily then.
Redrider251

Post by Redrider251 »

Do you really need a space saver wheel? If you check your tyre Pressures regularly and tread depth when was the last time you had a puncture which stopped you from getting home? Breakdown cover would cover this and more. Car should come with tyre sealant and pump. How out is only likely if tyres under inflated.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post