Sharp brakes

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

From new my auto 1.2 has suffered from ridiculously sharp brakes. Initially I assumed that this was because the pads had not bedded in but the issue still persists at 8k miles and coming to a standstill without a massif head jerk is impossible. This is downright dangerous. When queuing and entering a roundabout say, the following cars often only just manage to stop behind me in time having to also brake so sharply. A rear end shunt seems inevitable. And parking in my garage (even with sensors disabled) is essentially a set of kangaroo jumps!

I can't find any other mention on the forum of this problem but nonetheless I'm wondering if any other owners have this issue.

Beanie

Post by Beanie »

I have noticed that the brakes on the wife's '69 1.2 8 speed auto are sharper than the Mokka it replaced. Even Mrs Beanie has commented on it. That being said, it just requires careful feathering on coming to halt to keep it smooth, nothing like you are experiencing.
I would suggest reporting this to your Vauxhall dealer and when they try to fob you off with "they all do that, its a characteristic of the vehicle" ask to take their demo out and compare the two cars.
1.2 SE ,8 speed auto, 2019, metallic Ruby red.
Xubuntu50

Post by Xubuntu50 »

Thanks for suggestion Beanie but I'm already in to feathering the brakes with the softest touch but still come to a sudden halt. Since noone else has commented, I think I'll view the issue as a fault. Before lock down I regularly drove many hire cars, both in the EU and USA, and never experienced anything like my Grandland. I'm suspecting "emergency braking" is kicking in needlesly - maybe a software issue.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HI Xubuntu50 I would get your car booked into the dealership as soon as possible and explain your concerns. You could get someone to record you driving and show the issue you are facing to the dealership as I am guessing at present the technicians may not be able to do a test drive with you to see the issue your having.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post