Alloys Swap

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

Good morning fellow Grandland owners,

I have 18" alloys 10 spoke as pictured below.

10.jpg

I am not a fan of this alloy, I'm not gonna lie, but I know that quite a lot of people like them. All 4 are in great condition, without any scuffs etc, just need a wash as expected as the car is being used daily.

Was wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping their 18" for mine. No extra costs or anything, just 1 for 1 swap. Obviously we'd change tyres so we keep the same ones (especially as I've bought some great brand new ones recently). I'd be mainly interested in either one of those pictured below but I suppose any other ones would be good as well?

1.jpg

2.jpg

Would anyone be interested? Not everyone might wanna go for it but hey ho. You don't ask, you don't get!
If so, reply or private msg me and we can hopefully agree something.

Cheers

Vainona70

Post by Vainona70 »

I wasn't keen on those alloys either, so spec'd the all road pack (intelligrip option) to get different wheels & all season tyres.

IMG_20190209_130720_LI.jpg

Good luck!
Grandland X 1.2T 8 speed Auto Tech Line Nav (All Road pack, Park & Go pack 2 and Emergency Spare wheel)
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

If I had an option I probably would have done the same if I'm honest however I got my Grandland used in November after my previous pride and joy was written off cause of some jackass.

I always go for used cars. Save some money and at least I know what I'm getting where with new cars there's a lot of stories of manufactures / dealers messing the order up and something missing etc.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Vayerr I have the same wheels as Vainona70. I prefer this design to my old Mokka X which those wheels were similar to yours now and a nightmare to clean. There are a few of the Diamond cut alloys sets on Ebay that are not too badly priced so might be worth a look.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Beanie

Post by Beanie »

Whilst I like the look of diamond cut alloys, I understand they are harder/more expensive to refinish, and some manufacturers wheels suffer from the lacquer lifting even without impact damage. I don't know how good the Vauxhall wheels stand up to wear and tear.
The wife's SE has standard 17" wheels which is fine by me; cheaper tyres, softer ride, better rim protection, and easier to refinish if necessary.
1.2 SE ,8 speed auto, 2019, metallic Ruby red.
edgejedi

Post by edgejedi »

They are lovely alloys but beware... these are some of the issues with mine after 3 years... but it's a risk with any alloys I guess and the washing and chemicals that are applied.

20210317_141137.jpg

20210317_141157.jpg

20210317_141208.jpg

Jase
Grandland 2018, Sport Nav 1.2 (130), Ruby Red
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 am They are lovely alloys but beware... these are some of the issues with mine after 3 years... but it's a risk with any alloys I guess and the washing and chemicals that are applied.
Jase, that doesn't look good. I'm sure I've read about someone having similar problems with their alloys and Vauxhall fixed / replaced them under warranty.

Only had diamond cuts once on previous car which was a year old and they were fine. Not sure what they'd look like after a while.
P8r

Post by P8r »

edgejedi wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:16 am They are lovely alloys but beware... these are some of the issues with mine after 3 years... but it's a risk with any alloys I guess and the washing and chemicals that are applied.
I had the same issues (less then yours) and mine were replaced by Opel under warranty.
Opel Grandland X Ultimate March 2018
Opel Corsa-E GS line September 2020
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

I know Vauxhall replaced Vauxhall Mokka X wheels under warranty due to issues similar to the one pictured so might be worth a try with your Grandland.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
AndyB

Post by AndyB »

Hi all.
I had this exact same issue with the Diamond Cut alloys on my Grandland.
My vehicle is just coming up to 3 years old, and i too noticed the same marks on the alloys. I contacted Vauxhall customer service, who were suprisingly helpful. They arranged for the vehicle to go into the dealer to have photographs taken, and then got me replacement alloy wheels through the existing warranty.
It may be worth you contacting Vauxhall yourself, send them an email and attach photos of your wheels. Hopefully they will be able to help you too.
Good luck.
Grandland Sport Nav, diesel auto. Black.....march 2018