Only cold air from blower

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Hi,
I have a 67 plate Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 petrol and I’m having issues with the heater. The blower and AC seems to be working as do all functions and buttons which seem to do what I’d expect except the air does not heat up at all even when the climate control is set to Hi on both zones after 1 hour or more of driving. There is the correct amount of coolant in the system and the engine gets up to temperature as I’d expect it to with the gauge sitting at a steady half way after a usual amount of driving.

Anyone got any ideas of what and how I could check?
Climate control temperature sensor, heater matrix valve, anything else.

Thanks in advance.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi m4tt

Have you checked the coolant pipes in the engine to see if they are getting hot?
It might have a blockage like an air bubble you could check and see where the bleed screw are and bleed the system to see.

Hope that is some help
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
m4tt

Post by m4tt »

Thanks for the suggestion. Oddly I just had another journey and got hot air. The only thing I had done before was give the coolant pipes a good few squeezes do move the water around when checking the level. May have dislodged a bubble/airlock which could support your suggestion.
Fingers crossed it’s all sorted now.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻. Good to hear its working now sounds like it was an air bubble then.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

Definitely an air bubble. I had this a year ago after parking on a slope. I switched it off restarted and it was gone.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post