What don't you like about your Grandland

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
don tunstall

Post by don tunstall »

:twisted: I agree pedals to close accelerater to low catch brake with bottom of foot when braking.outside temperature greyed out.inside temperature light goes dim when you switch engine on .petrol consumption not as illustrated.grandland x 1.2 .2020 model.and yes you have guessed it wish I had never had it

Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

don tunstall wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:20 pm :twisted: I agree pedals to close accelerater to low catch brake with bottom of foot when braking.outside temperature greyed out.inside temperature light goes dim when you switch engine on .petrol consumption not as illustrated.grandland x 1.2 .2020 model.and yes you have guessed it wish I had never had it
Agree the pedals are a little close together. It's odd. Never had that on my previous cars but having Grandland for around 6 months now, I got used to it. The accelerator ia only about 2cm lower I'd say so it makes no difference to me really. Still interesting why it's designed this way though.

Fuel consumption rarely matches the brochure and what the manufacturer claims. Those numbers are from tests in "perfect" environment, not actual on the road tests. Each driver behaves differently as well... Brakes differently, accelerates differently and drives at different speeds.

The greyed out temperature is a problem that was present ever since the cars first came out. It has since been fixed - all you need to do is update the Infotainment system which you can do yourself for free, without having to go to the dealership. You need to download the Vauxhall Update software from their website, install it, enter your VIN number and it'll show you the latest updates for the Infotainment and Sat Nav.

A memory stick is required to do the update. Vauxhall recommends 32GB but I managed with 16GB no problem. Both updates took about 45mins to download and then it took a bit over an hour to install them in the car. Instructions for how to update everything are on their website and it is super easy to do.
don tunstall

Post by don tunstall »

Ok thank you I haven’t measured the pedal but it looks a lot lower than 2cm .will probably measure it tomorrow,if I put my foot on accelerator pedal and slide my foot along the top of my foot is l level with brake pedal and if I don’t lift my foot high enough it catches brake pedal.as for the other as I am 77 I think I will give it a miss ( lol) thank you for taking the trouble to answer much appreciated. Don
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

don tunstall wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 7:17 pm Ok thank you I haven’t measured the pedal but it looks a lot lower than 2cm .will probably measure it tomorrow,if I put my foot on accelerator pedal and slide my foot along the top of my foot is l level with brake pedal and if I don’t lift my foot high enough it catches brake pedal.as for the other as I am 77 I think I will give it a miss ( lol) thank you for taking the trouble to answer much appreciated. Don
It was a random estimate haha. Didn't actually measure it. It just doesn't feel that much lower. I mean it is lower but yeah...

And no worries at all my friend. Just thought I'd let you know that we've all experienced the dull grey temp haha. If you need any help doing the update I'm more than happy to walk you through it or if you really don't feel up to it I'd be happy to send you a ready memory stick so you'll just plug it into the car and wait.

Or you can of course just learn to live with it as it is hah. It is kinda annoying but doesn't really affect the car so I guess it's fine in a way? Guess it depends on who likes what.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi don tunstall This is the Link for the Vauxhall download app to the Nav screen updates. If you prefer not to do it yourself you can ask the dealership to update your Nav screen.

https://redirect.viglink.com/?format=go ... update.exe
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
don tunstall

Post by don tunstall »

Hi thank you I am going to wait and have it done by dealer again thank you
Don
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
gamerouche

Post by gamerouche »

Following on from my recent observations on the Fuel remaining readings, I discovered that my warning light came on with an indicated 27 Miles left. Looking at the gauge, the needle still was still slightly up so I reckon that the system is reasonably accurate & I'm a tad reassured now. I also discovered that when the warning light came on, the Sat-Nav automatically lit up & showed a selection of local filling stations, nice touch I thought.

Regards Gam
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻. It good to hear your more assured and feel comfortable with the reading of the fuel gauge now. Enjoy driving your Grandland.
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Anyone had any issues when turning while reversing ? Sounds like a grinding from the steering column area. I have an 2018 auto SE. I have mentioned this to the dealer a couple of times and they said Vauxhall was aware of this problem and was looking into it. Next time I was in was told it was an accumulation of brake dust on the rear wheels/discs and they had cleaned them. It did stop it for a wee while but it still strikes me as odd for this to be happening on a modern car. Anyone else experiencing this?

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post