New to the Vauxhall Grandland Forums? Introduce yourself here
pjotter

Post by pjotter »

pjotter

Post by pjotter »

Are you allowed to use dark rear lights in England
Steve-B

Post by Steve-B »

pjotter wrote: Fri Jan 29, 2021 8:24 pm Are you allowed to use dark rear lights in England
It’s a very grey legal area. If the light is diminished to a point where it’s considered to be a potential hazard, you can be prosecuted. Myself fell foul of that, when I borrowed a friends Golf GTI which had tinted rear lights. The owner was the one who was fined however.

I’d personally not go there in the UK.
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Are you allowed coloured lens say green or yellow front or back?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Bhoywonder I found this information below hope it helps.

What colour headlights are legal in the UK?

In the UK, it’s a legal requirement for all front headlights to be white or yellow. Rear tail lights must always be red.

In short, neon lights or other car lighting systems must not cause a distraction to yourself or other road users, or cause your vehicle to be mistaken for an emergency vehicle.

Sometimes the police will take different views on your car’s light system, depending on how distracting they perceive them to be. If you are stopped by the police, be courteous and polite. If you are asked to switch off the neons we suggest that you do so or they could issue you with an order to remove them.

Restrictions on lights that are visible at the rear of a vehicle
It’s an offence to fit any colour light that is visible from the rear of the vehicle. The main exceptions to this are red tail lights, amber indicator lights, white reversing lights and lights to illuminate your number plate.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Cool, I was talking about applying like a smoke film to your rear and maybe mirror film to the front.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

in the UK, light tinting films are permitted, though to keep drivers safe there are certain requirements that need to be met when installing them: Lights cannot be dimmed by more than 50%. ... You must still be able to see their original colour - headlights need to be white/yellow, rear lights must be red.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Bhoywonder

Post by Bhoywonder »

Thanks Grandlandx68
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

👍🏻

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post