Fuel cap door

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Sean84

Post by Sean84 »

Hello!

I have 2018 mode Grandland could anyone offer advice on how to open the fuel filler door which will not unlock. Is there an emergency opening mechanism.
Thanks in advance Sean.

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hello Sean84 and welcome to the forum. Have you tried pushing harder on the fuel flap door to see if that does it? As far as I aware there isn't a emergency fuel door opening, I would advise to try calling your local dealership as they should be able to help.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Sean84

Post by Sean84 »

Hi I have been to vauxhall dealership but their investigation charge is too high so have to try to resolve myself.
Sean84

Post by Sean84 »

Do you know if there is a fuse which protects the fuel door lock? Where do I find the fuse box?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi. Its says in the handbook page 194 The fuel filler flap can only be opened if the vehicle is unlocked.
Release the fuel filler flap by pushing the flap.

When you unlock the car can you hear is lock or unlock?
The only other option I could suggest it to take the car battery off and leave it for a while then connect it back this sometimes resolves issues this would be at your own risk though.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Sean84

Post by Sean84 »

Is the some risk involved in bisconnecting the battery?
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

There's always a risk with disconnecting the battery . I have looked and cant see a fuse for the fuel flap door.

When you unlock the car do all the doors unlock? As the locking and locking of the car is linked to the fuel flap.
Vayerr

Post by Vayerr »

You've mentioned your car is from 2018. Any chance there's warranty left on it? They'll tell you there's charges but if it's under warranty you won't pay.

You could try and put your hand on the flap and wiggle it a bit then press it with a bit more pressure. My dad had an issue like that in the past and that somehow fixed it... Or like you said, check the fuses.

Looking at the manual I believe it'll be fuse 10 or 11 in the fuse box behind the glovebox. Getting to it is a bit of a pain due to s**t design but you should be able to do it, especially if you remove the glove box (just a few screws needs undoing).

Screenshot_20210517-154906_OfficeSuite.jpg

Valer

Post by Valer »

Looking at the wiring on this i can't a see a fuse directly in the fuel flap circuit,
the actuator is a solenoid so works in both directions with the BCM switching current direction depending if it's lock or unlock selected,
What is a bit annoying is that i can't find instructions for removing the actuator on it's own,
it looks as though it's just under or comes with the filler pipe housing which means the filler door has to be open to allow access,
that's unless it can be accessed by removing the wheel arch liner.
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post