Powered Tailgate

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Has anyone learnt the art of opening the powered tailgate consistently using the foot passing underneath? Works fine just pressing the buttons, but one feels a bit of a fool standing there at the back of the car swinging ones leg back and forth and nothing happening. Tried doing it both quickly and slowly. Some times it does actually work.

new2GLX

Post by new2GLX »

I’ve had my 68 plate for 4 months now. I too struggled to operate the tailgate by foot to begin with while the key was in my pocket, waving my foot frantically under the bumper. I have now realised that a single good swing of my foot left to right (or vice versa) under the bumper and wait for a second and then it seems to realise it needs to open and indicators flash once and the tailgate opens. Hope this helps you!
Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2 in black
Been buying Vauxhall’s since 1987
Plastivore

Post by Plastivore »

I think it's a safety feature. When you swing your foot (rather slowly), take a step back and wait a second or so. I think the idea is that if you keep swinging your foot, it considers you're still too close to the tailgate and you would obstruct it. But yeah, doesn't work 100%.
18 Grandland X Tech Line Nav 1.6 Turbo D
Parkman

Post by Parkman »

I found that simply moving my foot straight under the bumper and back out around the middle of the bumper, (no swinging left and right), and it operates without fail.
thomas98

Post by thomas98 »

Don't swing your foot about. It's a quick in and out underneath the numberplate. Works every time.
Deleted User 409

Post by Deleted User 409 »

Many thanks to all your replies and I now see where I was going wrong. I was only going by what I was told when I picked the car up. Today I tried several times the foot straight underneath the number plate and back out once, stepped back and waited. Sure enough it works without fail.
Just goes to show the value of these forums. Usually there is always someone with an answer.
happyhippy

Post by happyhippy »

Tested here this morning and yup, the in and out trick works - no longer will I look like an aged demented break dancer (without the lino) trying to open the bloody boot!
Trayton

Post by Trayton »

Turned it off because I found it downright dangerous. When loading a wheelchair into the boot the last thing I need is the tailgate to decide to close on my head. It's bad enough struggling with the chair without the tailgate closing.
niveketak

Post by niveketak »

Thanks for that information , have done the demented foot waving since I got the car usually to no avail, now works perfectly, phew.
Glasgowvaux

Post by Glasgowvaux »

Recently took delivery of a 21 plate Griffin. I cannot get the powered boot to open apart from the switch beneath the registration plate.

I have tried pressing and holding the button on the key, tried waving my foot. Nothing seems to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

A

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post