Phone issues

All Vauxhall Grandland related discussions
Jack Terrier

Post by Jack Terrier »

Hi All
I have had a look for anything relating to the issues my mam is having using the phone in her 70 plate Grandland - i hope here is ok to post it if not apologies
She got her car in january having had a Mokka before hand.
The issues with the phone use and other issues has been a constant bug bear and is making her dislike this car a lot . :(
Firstly i will mention the phone When the phone button on the steering wheel is pressed the system lady starts going on about headphones and android system - no idea what this means
Secondly when a call is made it starts off "which contact would you like to call"
To which my mam will say "call bob" It will then ask you whichcontact would you like to call for example line 2,

My mam struggles with this because A, she has no idea what line number a contact is on and B she cant see the screen to see the line! Makes the whole system useless while her old car just called the contact requested.

Also the screen will show "voice recognition" WHY its been set up just doesnt work.

Aslo apart from phone issue how do you turn the radio off? i have followed the instructiona all this does is mute it no good for when you have music playing via USB.
I appreciate any help you can give it may be something simple to fix or needs a hammer bashing into it :P - the instruction are not clear - as i have stated my mam doesnt like the car and i am hopeful fixing these issues will help
Thanks for reading
Jack T

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi

The first one when the lady starts speaking its a generic talk once it stops talking if should beep and then you can say what you want to do.
It isn't the best system to call with as if it doesn't understand what your saying it sometimes say line 2 or if they have multiple numbers under a name.
If you connect a USB you will need to select the output option to this and this should stop the radio.
Hopefully this helps.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Jack Terrier

Post by Jack Terrier »

Thankyou for your reply, trouble with the line issue its not about multiple numbers or even multiple names Bob for instance is just one person with one number - so unlike the previous car why is it not calling Bob upon asking why are we being asked to select a line?

The radio issue i think i mis explained - we can play USB its just the turning off of music and radio so there is silence as opposed to muting it

Jack
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Its not the greatest system for selecting names mine sometimes works when I say a name other times it doesn't I have just got used to it. Maybe mention it to the dealership as they maybe an update or a solution but I don't really use it.
The only way is to mute the radio there isn't a way to turn it off I am afraid.
I used to have a Mokka X so understand where your coming from with these changes.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post