car juddering after long journey

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
mrspinner

Post by mrspinner »

Hi all,

Just got a 2018 1.2 petrol.
I have noticed after long journey, when i start it back up again car will judder soon much when moving off in 1st gear. After 1 or 2 days of short runs it will be fine again but after every long runn it happens.
Anyone know why/what the issue could be?

thanks

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi mrspinner and welcome to the Forum

Does the car judder when stationary? No foot on clutch
Is it juddering when changing from 1st to 2nd? Or when you depress the clutch or are realising it?
It could be something like the timing is out.
If you bought it from a dealership I would take it back and show them the issues you are facing.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
mrspinner

Post by mrspinner »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 pm Hi mrspinner and welcome to the Forum

Is it juddering when changing from 1st to 2nd? Or when you depress the clutch or are realising it?
If you bought it from a dealership I would take it back and show them the issues you are facing.
Hi,
No judder when stopped.
it only judders when i am letting the clutch out into 1st gear for the car to get going. then no issues in any other gear till back into first.
It becomes really dangerous when pulling to roundabout.

Yea did buy it from a dealer have booked it in for next week.
Cyberbob

Post by Cyberbob »

Sounds like it could possibly be a dual-mass flywheel issue especially with the symptoms you describe?
2021B Grandland X Elite NAV
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

mrspinner wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:01 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:35 pm Hi mrspinner and welcome to the Forum

Hi,
No judder when stopped.
it only judders when i am letting the clutch out into 1st gear for the car to get going. then no issues in any other gear till back into first.
It becomes really dangerous when pulling to roundabout.

Yea did buy it from a dealer have booked it in for next week.

It sounds like more of a clutch or 1st gear issue then. Hopefully the dealership will be able to resolve the issue. I would try and get someone to video the issue as well so you can show them in case it doesn't do it while they have it.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Valer

Post by Valer »

Not heard of any common issues with 1st gear judder on the Grandland but sounds possibly engine mounting related,
just had a judder sorted on my Astra K that was similar but only in reverse,that turned out to be a worn 1st and 2nd gear selector fork in the box.
Retired Vx Tech,currently drives an Astra K 1.0t SRi
Diagnostic Equipment, Drewtech Mongoose Pro GM2 running GDS2,Opcom 200603
l666gem@hotmail.com

Post by l666gem@hotmail.com »

Did you find out what this issue was I’ve got this problem only in 1st gear now
ianwat23

Post by ianwat23 »

I had same problem on my Vectra c a while back now and it was a worn clutch friction plate. I had to replace the dmf, clutch and the csc. The car drive just like it did when I bought the car when it was new.