Fuse box location

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
Greenbean

Post by Greenbean »

Hi,
Am I being stupid but my handbook says the fuse box is located inside the glove box.
I have opened it and removed the cover I found in there but no fuse box can be found just a couple of multi plugs. The problem that I have is trying to find the fuse for my windscreen washers as they are not working. Any help would be appreciated

GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Hi Greenbean

The fuse box is behind those wires and plugs. I have posted a link below of a topic on the forum that shows the fuse box with pictures. Hope this helps.

viewtopic.php?t=625
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Greenbean

Post by Greenbean »

I have had another look today and can't believe it is behind that.
I have taken out the cover fro. Inside the glove box and through a small opening there are 4 multi plugs and behind that is a bit of light grey plastic, some of the wires pass through that. I can't believe that you need to unplug the 4 connectors then remove the plastic to get to the fuses. There is a fuse box within the engine bay or is that just for the engine side of the electrics
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Did you manage to fix your issue with the windscreen washers?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator
Greenbean

Post by Greenbean »

Yes thanks it was the washer pump.
Easy fix once the problem was found.
I just can't understand why vauxhall would put the fuse box in such a stupid location.
This must be the most difficult fuse box to find and try to change any fuse within. Surely they could have positioned it in a more accessible position
aecius

Post by aecius »

Vauxhall is French now. I think PSA just likes to complicate things.
Jw427

Post by Jw427 »

aecius wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:16 pm Vauxhall is French now. I think PSA just likes to complicate things.
Remember the Grandland is based on same platform as the 3008 as they all belong to the Stellantis group now (Vauxhall, Opel, Peugeot, Citroen, Fiat, Chrysler, Maserati), also believe its a platform more geared upto LH drive too, so hence the stupid fuse box afterthought,
Topaz Blue (MY2018) Grandland X Elite Nav 1.2t - The last owner ticked most of the extras boxes 8-) 8-)

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post