Wet timing belt disintegrated, new engine required outside warranty

Faults and Technical chat for the Vauxhall Grandland
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Sounds like they are looking after you which is good as you dont always get that.
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
Grandland Global Forum Moderator

Mark.C

Post by Mark.C »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 3:10 pm Sounds like they are looking after you which is good as you dont always get that.
I definetly cannot grumble the customer service has been spot on. Its just the attitude of the hire company.
Grandland X Elite Nav White Jade. Panoramic roof and mudflaps, Nextbase 412 dashcam and an aftermarket reverse camera thats all it needs. :)
HS10

Post by HS10 »

Another grandland X bites the dust...

Wet timing belt desintegrating, found out on Sunday.

I'm on holidays in the North of England. I was going to a trip in Yorkshire dales, but got an error in the motorway, engine oil pressure low stop car, so I did. Restarted the car and no errors at all. Decided to go back to the hotel and take the car on Monday to Vauxhall in York. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of this issue before.

Glad I did, they confirmed it, super simpathic, and the car will need a new one, guess what covered by the warranty, which I'm sure I don't have my car is from 18. And I bought it a bit more than 6 months ago, the warsanty on there has expired.

Nevertheless, they say its on warranty and they will cover it. Only down is that they don't gave courtesy cars and it will take until Friday to get it sorted as they need to order material.

They are also going to dismantle the motor to check the motor.

All in all, they sort me well, no courtesy car means I need to rent a car drive down to London and comeback Saturday early morning to pick my car..
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Sorry to hear you having more issues. Its good to see they are looking after you.
Have you tried the Vauxhall CEO office they might be able to arrange a car ?
Vauxhall Grandland X 2018 68 1.2 Elite Nav in Moonstone Grey with Intelligrip Adaptive Traction System
HS10

Post by HS10 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:29 pm Sorry to hear you having more issues. Its good to see they are looking after you.
No I haven't just found that existed today, had already rented a car. I'll try and see if I can claim it back.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

HS10 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm
GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 1:29 pm Sorry to hear you having more issues. Its good to see they are looking after you.
No I haven't just found that existed today, had already rented a car. I'll try and see if I can claim it back.
OK Its worth trying to see as they are normally quiet good with helping.
Tringy

Post by Tringy »

I was told and have somewhere a letter saying timing belts where covered for 6 years
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.
HS10

Post by HS10 »

GRANDLANDX68 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:56 pm
HS10 wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 4:11 pm
OK Its worth trying to see as they are normally quiet good with helping.
Yes I will try it. In the end I've only needed the rented car for 1 day as they fixed way quicker, it was suposed to be ready on saturday morning. However, Europcar isn't giving me a refund as I've pre-payed online... I also need to make a complaint to them.
GRANDLANDX68

Post by GRANDLANDX68 »

Ok thats good that they fixed it much quicker then.
Tringy

Post by Tringy »

I was told by Tony levoy timing belts carry 6 year warranty and its in writing
2018 1.2 auto sport nav topaz blue, panoramic roof, mud flaps,3rd party reversing camera.

• You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post